The Engineers at Chainalysis are driven by working on new technical challenges every day. As relentless problem-solvers and big dreamers, we’re creating the building blocks for future blockchain technologies. We are looking for a Senior Cloud Native Engineering professional with an ambition to join a scaling business (recent $200m investment) where you will have the opportunity to develop into the team lead of a newly created team.
Software Engineers in the Data Availability team are really good at building reliable and scalable backend microservices to make data available to our products, ultimately enabling law enforcement agencies, the world’s largest cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions to do things like take down dark web marketplaces, prosecute child predators, and solve the Twitter Hack (yeah, we do all that!). We measure success by how well we build components that are reusable and replaceable, reducing time to production, building tools that simplify data analysis and fostering collaborative relationships across the company.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have shown the ability and drive to deliver results autonomously but also seen the value in collaboration and helping others
- You have demonstrated that you care about customer needs as well as the long term sustainability of the codebase and can balance those effectively
- You have taken on technical leadership by leading design decisions, implementation and knowledge-sharing
- You have helped enforce a culture of lightweight experimentation and continuous learning
- You have learned new technologies and shown that you are not afraid to work outside your comfort zone
A background like this helps:
- Experience with Java/Spring or other JVM technologies
- Solid understanding of Terraform, Kubernetes and AWS
- Forward thinking developer that is driven by creating robust and scalable systems
- A cloud native architect with strong engineering coding skills
- Experience in scaling/sharding of databases in a cloud environment
- Previously designed and implemented cloud-native microservices-based distributed systems, with terabyte datastores.
- You are comfortable building backend ETL pipelines and services in a Cloud environment
- Have a strong bias to ship.
- Holistic and pragmatic mind-set
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.