The Investigations and Special Programs team at Chainalysis are world-class problem solvers adept at covert analysis and conducting complex investigations. We help our customers with the biggest and hairiest of investigations and along the way, make the world a safer place. The DOJ Operations Manager is an integral position, who acts as a nexus between our DOJ customers and the cross-functional expertise within Chainalysis.
The DOJ Operations Manager is equal parts technical knowledge, interpersonal skills, and intuition. As a key resource at the DOJ, the Operations Manager will measure their success by their impact on the customer’s mission and the expansion of the Chainalysis engagement within the account.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Become a trusted advisor at our DOJ customers, able to identify opportunities to leverage Chainalysis products and expertise on projects related to investigations, data analysis, research, training, and operations
- Interpreted deep technical investigation findings and able to communicate these findings at the relevant levels of detail to stakeholders within our DOJ customers
- Developed close relationships at all levels of our customers and contract execution partners, and advised on contract development
- Prepared and delivered executive level briefings on mission focused topics specific to the customer
- Developed relationships across departments at Chainalysis that allow you to provide expert advice to DOJ customers related to technical concepts, product roadmaps, solutions implementations, training, and more.
- Oversee and manage customer projects and delegated responsibilities to internal stakeholders for more efficient and effective deliverables.
A background like this helps:
- Security clearance
- Prior experience in law enforcement, intelligence or equivalent forensic experience related to dark web, counter-terrorism, financial crime, insider threat, and/or drug enforcement investigations or technical analysis
- Established relationships within the DOJ, and expertise in cryptocurrency investigations
- Insatiable curiosity about cryptocurrencies and the growing market
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.