The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
Chainalysis has become known as the leader in blockchain investigation and compliance software. Our products have built trust in blockchains by taking down terrorist financing campaigns, disrupting major ransomware operations, identifying the Twitter hackers, and more.
Now, we are building the blockchain data platform for cryptocurrency. DevOps Engineers contribute to that vision by empowering the full-stack and backend engineers on their teams to deliver products customers rely on every day to stop crime, understand risk, and strategize about their business. Alongside building the tools, pipelines, and observability engineers need to iterate fast and operate their own services safely, DevOps engineers work closely with their teammates to evangelize and automate dev-ops best practices. They are thought leaders in designing the scalable, highly available, and secure distributed systems powering the best-in-class insights into blockchain activity that enable our customers to push the boundaries of the cryptocurrency landscape.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have reduced the friction in an engineer’s day-to-day workflow by improving existing CI processes, implementing continuous delivery, and building easy to deploy infrastructure as code modules.
- You’ve improved the monitoring and observability of our infrastructure, services, and applications.
- You’ve configured and deployed highly available and secure infrastructure with tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- 90% of the day-to-day tasks from your first few months have been fully automated.
- You have worked closely with security engineers to introduce security guardrails and evangelize common-sense, strategic secure development best practices.
- You have debugged production issues and participated in a blameless post-mortem process to make our systems stronger.
- You have participated in a cross-functional project where your influence and contribution accelerated engineering velocity.
- Other engineers up and down the stack see you as a key advisor when they are considering new architectures and opportunities to leverage cloud technologies.
A background like this helps:
- Progressive and extensive experience in a development operations role or similar function, with a track record of building, maintaining, and launching new offerings in cloud providers like AWS and GCP
- Experience running Java in a production environment
- Hands-on experience with core AWS offerings
- Prior success implementing and scaling infrastructure as code using Terraform (or another tool) or migrating existing infrastructure processes to that model
- Experience constructing and maintaining GitOps deployment pipelines
- Experience operating cloud-native software with Kubernetes and working collaboratively with developers to promote uptime and ambitious SLA’s
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.