Chainalysis is one of the fastest-growing companies in the cryptocurrency space. Our cryptocurrency investigation and compliance software is used by the world’s leading law enforcement agencies, regulators, and businesses as they combat fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity involving cryptocurrencies. With offices in New York, Washington D.C., London, and Copenhagen, we are backed by Accel, Benchmark and other leading names in venture capital. Our mission is to build trust in blockchains.
The Sales Engineer at Chainalysis is the technical champion for prospects and customers. As an internal subject matter expert, you’ll draw on past expertise in compliance to help qualify and close new business by providing investigation expertise during sales presentations, product demonstrations, and proof of concepts. Aside from being a highly visible product and subject-matter expert in the pre-sales process, you’ll also be a primary driver for the internal advancement of customer requirements.
Location: New York, Washington, D.C.
- Become immersed in the uses of cryptocurrencies, with a focus on illicit activity and cryptocurrency-related crimes, such as money-laundering, ransomware, hacks, and scams
- Leverage Compliance/Regulatory domain expertise in creating and delivering compelling product demonstrations and proof of concepts
- Advise clients on new and existing regulations and how they affect operations in respective jurisdictions
- Work collaboratively with Product, Analytics, and Engineering teams to reinforce a competitive data advantage for illicit crypto activity
- Serve as the compliance and regulatory subject-matter expert during preliminary conversations and presentations with potential customers
- See the big picture: architect solutions to solve customer problems, uncover business challenges, and develop custom solutions
- Contribute to RFPs/RFIs and security questionnaires as needed
- 5+ years operational, risk, or compliance experience, ideally in a financial services or tech company context (compliance expertise related to cryptocurrencies a plus)
- Demonstrated expertise in financial regulatory registration/licensure process
- Strong knowledge of international financial regulations (particularly US and Europe) in areas relevant to cryptocurrency
- High energy, self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in entrepreneurial environments
- Extraordinary professional, sales, and technical capabilities
- Bonus: Experience contributing to the development, testing, and/or tuning of AML transaction monitoring rules or model rule development and model validation
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability and experience. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. We can’t wait to meet you.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision - which cover domestic partners as well - plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan. Chainalysists also get to participate in our annual Huddle, a week-long destination event that promotes team-building, professional development, and fun! In the office, you’ll receive a Mac or PC of your choice and a fully stocked kitchen.