Chainalysis is one of the fastest growing companies in the cryptocurrency space. Our cryptocurrency investigation and compliance software is used by the world’s leading law enforcement agencies, regulators, and businesses as they combat fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity involving cryptocurrencies. With offices in New York, Washington D.C., London, and Copenhagen, we are backed by Accel, Benchmark and other leading names in venture capital. Our mission is to build trust in blockchains.
At Chainalysis, Engineering Managers are technology people and business leaders. They work strategically with a product owner on a cross-functional team and typically manage a team of 5-10 engineers. Our engineering teams operate in an agile SDLC and are working towards continuous delivery where teams “own their code” in production.
This position will be based in New York, NY or Washington, DC.
- Partnering with a product owner, build and deliver a balanced roadmap that includes short and long-term initiatives, design initiatives, and an appropriate management of technical debt
- Working with tech leads within your team and across the company, own the architecture and technology choices critical to successful delivery like driving a build vs. open source vs. buy/partner selection process
- Ensure your team adheres to Chainalysis engineering best practices and that your products and services meet service level objectives for availability, performance, and security. (Also, pioneer new best practices!)
- Attract, hire and develop the people required to deliver on your roadmap. Given the rapid pace of change in our markets, you will need to build a flexible, adaptive and resilient team. Be a strong advocate for diversity
- Understand the economics tied to your products and projects (revenue, cost, etc.) and manage to a budget
- Be an active leader within the team, department and company
- Manage the complexity and ambiguity of a quickly growing startup
- 5+ years experience as an Engineering Manager
- Hands on experience with data pipeline tools such as Spark/Apache
- Advanced experience with databases such as Cassandra/SQL
- Experience in the following: systems thinking, distributed systems, data pipelines, web-based software architecture, public-cloud services, CI/CD.
- Previous experience managing distributed/remote teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It would be great if you knew something about blockchain and cryptocurrency, but that’s not a requirement.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability and experience. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. We can’t wait to meet you.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision - which cover domestic partners as well - plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan. Chainalysists also get to participate in our annual Huddle, a week-long destination event that promotes team-building, professional development, and fun! In the office, you’ll receive a Mac or PC of your choice and a fully stocked kitchen.