Chainalysis is one of the fastest growing companies in the cryptocurrency space. Our cryptocurrency investigation and compliance software is used by the world’s leading law enforcement agencies, regulators, and businesses as they combat fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity involving cryptocurrencies. With offices in New York, Washington D.C., London, and Copenhagen, we are backed by Accel, Benchmark and other leading names in venture capital. Our mission is to build trust in blockchains.
Working with the Global Finance Manager, you will be responsible for managing Chainalysis’ monthly and quarterly close process and ensuring consolidated financial statements are delivered on a timely basis. You will review and analyze financial statements, prepare Chainalysis for the first financial audit, and develop processes and procedures to support internal controls. The Finance team is comprised of driven, high-performing individuals who are continually looking to find efficiencies through process improvement and system implementations.
The Finance team is at the heart of everything Chainalysis does. We ensure that financial information is accurately presented and distributed to key stakeholders. A successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills, an excellent understanding of GAAP financial statements, and will enjoy thinking through and solving complex business problems in a team environment.
This position will be based out of New York City.
- Direct and oversee day-to-day general ledger accounting activities with a focus on standardizing processes
- Lead the monthly and quarterly financial close process and activities for the US entity
- Review department level P&L statements to ensure accuracy and completeness of information
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Analyze fluctuations and variances in internal reporting
- Review recurring journal entries and allocation schedules
- Supervise and review the work of staff and senior level accountants
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures and internal controls
- Develop, mentor and provide guidance to staff and senior accountants
- Assist with the annual Financial Audit, including the preparation of audit memos
- Help ensure compliance with local and statutory filing requirements
- Various ad hoc reporting and special projects, as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred but not required
- CPA license is preferred
- Experience in a high growth, rapidly changing work environment. Must be able to work with a strong sense of urgency both as an individual contributor and as a team leader.
- Accounting experience in a venture-backed global SaaS company a plus
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven success managing a small team
- Experience with monthly close activities and the consolidation of multiple international subsidiaries
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, understanding of IFRS a plus
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- A passion for numbers and precision; you understand the importance of company financials and do not compromise on accuracy
- An energetic, go-getter mentality, a “no job too big or small” attitude, and a passion for the Chainalysis mission
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability and experience. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. We can’t wait to meet you.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision - which cover domestic partners as well - plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan. Chainalysists also get to participate in our annual Huddle, a three day long destination event that promotes team-building, professional development, and fun! In the office, you’ll receive a Mac or PC of your choice and a fully stocked kitchen.