Chainalysis is one of the fastest growing companies in the cryptocurrency space. Our cryptocurrency investigation and compliance software is used by the world’s leading law enforcement agencies, regulators, and businesses as they combat fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity involving cryptocurrencies. With offices in New York, Washington D.C., London, and Copenhagen, we are backed by Accel, Benchmark and other leading names in venture capital. Our mission is to build trust in blockchains.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to partner closely with data engineering to build the underlying infrastructure and services that power our products. This role will work on ingesting dozens of new blockchains over the next year, understanding their unique properties, and developing clustering heuristics to group addresses and transactions. These teams also work on advanced pathfinding algorithms to identify change of ownership and exposure risk models to detect anomalous behavior. Once new features are production-ready, these teams design the end-to-end pipelines that stream data to services.
This role can site in either our NYC or Washington, DC offices.
- Partner with engineering to inform important technical decisions
- Define a roadmap for a streaming data pipeline that takes inputs from public blockchain ledgers, applies clustering heuristics and “off-chain” attribution data, before distributing to enterprise software applications
- Negotiate API contracts with multiple engineering teams that consume downstream data
- Work collaboratively with distributed teams
- Evaluate the impact of changes to risk exposure models for end customers
- Understand tradeoffs in data engineering decisions for platform that runs on both cloud and on-premise environments
- Gain a deep understanding of the nuances of multiple public blockchain projects and how they map to existing architecture
- Build the business case for external-facing APIs to stream enriched blockchain data
- 8+ years’ of experience launching products for fast-paced tech companies
- Excellent communication skills to effectively articulate the business value of our products and describe technical requirements to developers
- Understanding Agile processes
- Outstanding project management skills
- Ruthless at prioritization - there’s always more work than can be done, but you know how to focus on the few things that matter most right now
- Interest in or strong aptitude to learn about the technical aspects of cryptocurrency
- Familiarity with data pipeline toolsets, including Apache Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, Splunk, Airflow
- Degree in computer science, statistics, or engineering
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability and experience. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. We can’t wait to meet you.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision - which cover domestic partners as well - plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan. Chainalysists also get to participate in our annual Huddle, a week-long destination event that promotes team-building, professional development, and fun! In the office, you’ll receive a Mac or PC of your choice and a fully stocked kitchen.