VP Information Security
Chainalysis operates in a high-threat environment and security requirements are correspondingly high. We have people with a strong background in IT and information security; now we want to establish a dedicated security team.
We are looking for a seasoned VP Information Security to assess and implement security best practices, protect customer data, and develop metrics to measure these goals. This position will be based out of New York.
- Understand the IT threat landscape for the blockchain industry
- Audit the current state of business systems and products to establish a security baseline
- Lead the development of security monitoring and anomaly detection systems for both server and office environments
- Approve and oversee identity and access management (IAM) policies
- Develop security policies, controls and incident response planning
- Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested
- Manage security incident response and IT forensics
- Identify key metrics for tracking the health and success of security operations and actively monitor/report on efforts to leadership team
- Perform security reviews and risk assessments for new vendors, products and technologies
- Develop annual security plans and budgets
- Ensure continued compliance with laws and applicable regulations
- Schedule and oversee periodic internal and external security audits
- Foster a pragmatic and effective security culture through regular security briefings and awareness trainings
- Computer Science or IT related degree preferred
- Strong experience in leading and managing an Information Security team, desirably within a SaaS environment
- Experience and willingness to keep up with a rapidly evolving organization
- Strong experience in disaster recovery design and implementation
- Understanding of application, hardware, storage, OS and database configuration of distributed, highly available data management systems (highly desirable)
- Create clear, concise memos/summaries, design documentation and presentations
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability and experience. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. We can’t wait to meet you.