Chainalysis is one of the fastest growing companies in the cryptocurrency space. Our cryptocurrency investigation and compliance software is used by the world’s leading law enforcement agencies, regulators, and businesses as they combat fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity involving cryptocurrencies. With offices in New York, Washington D.C., and Copenhagen, we are backed by Benchmark and other leading names in venture capital. Our mission is to build trust in blockchains.
Our products are the most trusted solution used by compliance teams, law enforcement, and cryptocurrency businesses around the world. Specifically, Chainalysis KYT (Know Your Transaction) is used by crypto exchanges and financial institutions to combat money laundering and meet regulatory obligations, automating the compliance workflow and reducing fraudulent activity. Chainalysis Reactor is the investigation software that helps the world’s leading institutions link real-world illicit activity to cryptocurrency addresses and transactions.
The VP of Customer Success is a strategic role responsible for all aspects of customer relationships post-sales, including the support of multiple, industry-leading product lines. You will play a pivotal leadership role in defining the organization’s goals and KPIs, and leading the day-to-day operations of its global teams. You will also partner with other departments to ensure that our support practices are aligned with sales and delivery processes and identify improvements in our customer success experience from an end-to-end perspective. The Customer Success organization consists of professionals focused on many of the company’s most critical functions; including customer success management, renewals, professional services, training, support, and documentation. Together, these teams are responsible for empowering our customers to become expert users and know the most about what happens on the blockchain.
We are looking for a VP of Customer Success to rapidly expand the existing team in 2019 and solidify our standing as a Top 25 B2B SaaS company.
Location: New York, London, Copenhagen, Washington, DC
- Scale, manage, and inspire an international organization spanning the Americas, Europe, Asia, and other locations
- Recruit, hire, and train managers and teams within each of the organization’s functional units
- Define the customer journeys associated with multiple product lines, creating repeatable playbooks of customer interactions to help Chainalysis become a core part of investigation and compliance workflows, and increase customer satisfaction (NPS)
- Partner cross-functionally with sales, product, engineering, and marketing organizations to enable new client acquisition, provide feedback on user workflows and product features, and define scalable processes for resolving product bugs and customer issues
- Understand the shifting needs and goals of the overall company and Customer Success function, and proactively seek out ways to align and execute around these
- Grow with the rapidly evolving and demanding organizational needs
- Create a culture of accountability to client outcomes (ROI)
- 8+ years’ Customer Success or Professional Services senior-level leadership experience in a scaling startup (B2B SaaS strongly preferred)
- Experience leading and growing functional teams with Customer Success; including customer success, renewals, professional services, training, support, and documentation
- Passion for solving customer problems and constantly identifying areas for improvement and opportunities for addressing the root causes of churn
- Experience managing customer relationships at the executive level
- Ability to balance near-term revenue goals with long-term customer value
- Proven success growing global teams in an evolving and dynamic market
- Analytical thinker who can define the KPIs and processes to quickly identify customer issues or areas of opportunity, upsell
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A track record of managing, motivating, and mentoring high-achieving teams
- Interest in or strong aptitude to learn about the technical aspects of cryptocurrency
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability and experience. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. We can’t wait to meet you.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision - which cover domestic partners as well - plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan. Chainalysists also get to participate in our annual Huddle, a week-long destination event that promotes team-building, professional development, and fun! In the office, you’ll receive a Mac or PC of your choice and a fully-stocked kitchen.