Chainalysis offers cryptocurrency investigation and compliance solutions to global law enforcement agencies, regulators, and businesses as they work together to fight illicit cryptocurrency activity. Backed by Benchmark and other leading names in venture capital, Chainalysis builds trust in blockchains. For more information, visit www.chainalysis.com.
At Chainalysis, Software Engineers in Test are embedded within full-stack teams as expert quality advisors. They are good system thinkers that help the team identify and mitigate risks. As software engineers, they can also implement tooling and automation solutions. A SET’s knowledge of software design is focussed on testability, robustness and performance; they usually contribute to and review the design of production software.
We are looking to fill this position in Washington ,DC or New York, NY
- As a member of an agile product team, recommend specific approaches for ensuring quality in the upcoming backlog of work. What tests do we need to write? What can we automate? What’s likely to break? How are we going to mitigate risk? You understand the architecture and can read code. You know what has broken in the past and where the brittle bits lie.
- Perform code reviews to ensure that new code is accompanied with the right tests at the right boundary.
- Design and Develop End to End Acceptance tests that need to run before every release.
- Set up CI jobs that run smoke tests using environments on docker/kubernetes.
- Evaluate effectiveness of quality initiatives (e.g. automation, manual tests, chaos engineering, blitzes, bug bounties…) and lead projects to improve. You know the coverage metrics, what bugs have slipped through in the past, and the costs (and benefits) of quality.
- Surface the right metrics to help the team make good risk tradeoffs.
- Evaluate and implement tools and frameworks in support of an automation strategy.
- Engineer the first versions of new automation strategies (pave the road) and help engineers implement tests and execute complex test scenarios.
- Perform some amount of exploratory testing to help identify areas of risk.
- Evaluate changes to open source projects used by the team and assess risks and benefits of upgrades.
- Collaborate with the sales and support teams on understanding customer pain points and quality trends.
- Collaborate with the security team on evaluating security risks and developing threat models.
- Collaborate with other Quality Engineers on company-wide quality initiatives.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer in test (or 2+ as software engineer on a team with modern quality practices).
- Experience in the following: logical thinking, systems thinking, distributed systems, data pipelines and data quality initiatives, web-based software architecture, test automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery, data analysis and visualisation, etc.
- 1+ years experience in Gradle, Jenkins, Ansible (or other equivalent automation tools).
- 3+ years experience in Selenium, Protractor, AppliTools or similar automation frameworks.
- Heavy experience with Test plans, Test Data Management and maintaining reports.
- Broad knowledge of industry standard best quality engineering/assurance practices.
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kafka is a plus.
- Working with distributed and remote teams.
- Writing and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to champion QE philosophy and influencing others.
- A passion for breaking things.
Bonus: Knowledge about blockchain and cryptocurrency
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability and experience. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. We can’t wait to meet you.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision - which cover domestic partners as well - plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan. Chainalysists also get to participate in our annual Huddle, a week-long destination event that promotes team-building, professional development, and fun! In the office, you’ll receive a Mac or PC of your choice and a fully stocked kitchen.