Chainalysis offers cryptocurrency investigation and compliance solutions to global law enforcement agencies, regulators, and businesses as they work together to fight illicit cryptocurrency activity. Backed by Benchmark and other leading names in venture capital, Chainalysis builds trust in blockchains. For more information, visit www.chainalysis.com.
At Chainalysis, Software Engineers in Tools and Infrastructure are embedded within full-stack teams as expert tooling advisors. They develop tools, systems that aid in development workflow. They are good system thinkers that help the team identify and mitigate risks. As software engineers, they can also implement tooling and automation solutions. A SETI’s knowledge of software design is focussed on testability, robustness and performance; they usually contribute to and review the design of production software. They will write test applications that will be run on a kubernetes cluster on cloud. They will get to own the entire cycle of tools and systems, from planning design, development to test and deployment and not just implementing things that other people spec'd.
We are looking to fill this position in Washington, DC or New York, NY
- As a member of an agile product team, recommend specific approaches for ensuring quality in the upcoming backlog of work
- Build testing frameworks that ensure data integrity.
- Setup monitoring and alerts for the test infrastructure.
- Build tools to extract and visualize important system metrics.
- Build tools to make development process faster.
- Set up CI jobs that run various type of tests using environments on docker/kubernetes on cloud.
- Write helm charts for internal applications.
- Identify performance bottlenecks in the system and propose fixes.
- Change the application/service code/architecture to make it more testable.
- Evaluate and implement tools and frameworks in support of an automation strategy.
- Engineer the first versions of new automation strategies (pave the road) and help engineers implement tests and execute complex test scenarios.
- Evaluate changes to open source projects used by the team and assess risks and benefits of upgrades.
- Collaborate with the security team on evaluating security risks and developing threat models.
- Collaborate with other Quality Engineers on company-wide quality initiatives.
- Experience working with distributed cloud based systems.
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer (or software engineer in test ) on a team with modern quality practices.
- Experience building various internal tools used for testing or release automation or benchmarking etc
- Experience in the following: logical thinking, systems thinking, distributed systems, data pipelines and data quality initiatives, web-based software architecture, test automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery, data analysis and visualisation etc.
- 1+ years experience in Gradle, Jenkins, Ansible (or other equivalent automation tools).
- Experience in optimizing build and test scripts is a plus
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes is a plus.
- Working with distributed and remote teams.
- Writing and presentation skills.
Bonus: Knowledge about blockchain and cryptocurrency
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability and experience. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. We can’t wait to meet you.