Company: CGI Real Estate Investment Strategies
Position: Property Accountant
Location: Based in Los Angeles, CA/Hybrid
Who We Are
CGI+ Real Estate Investment strategies is a fast-growing multi-family real estate investment and development firm based in Los Angeles, CA with a mixed asset portfolio which includes but is not limited to; multi-family, extended stay corporate housing, hospitality and retail located throughout California and in strategic cities nationwide. We are adding a Property Accountant based out of our Los Angeles office due to growth! Please visit CGIPlus.com to learn more about our company, values, and culture.
The wellness and health of our accountant is most important to us and therefore the whole company takes one week off at the end of the year to recharge and spend time with family and friends. In addition, we cover the full portion of the employee’s medical, dental, and vision premium. We are hybrid (twice a week in the office and three times a week remote). When in the office we offer weekly catered lunches.
The Property Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions required to produce monthly GAAP financial statements for properties owned by investment funds or in other joint venture structures. Accuracy and timeliness in the completion of the workload is required in this position. Strong communication skills, good work ethic, analytical thinking, a Bachelor’s degree in accounting and at least 3 years of experience are required and experience in the real estate field is preferred. This position reports to the SVP of Accounting and will have daily interaction with property managers, management team, and vendors.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Record monthly adjusting and accrual entries; review and post GPR entries
- Review and analyze general ledger transactions for any issues and comments; discuss and resolve issues with property managers and asset team
- Update fixed asset system for additions and disposals and record depreciation and amortization
- Monitor cash balances, record incoming and outgoing wire transfers; recommend capital calls and distributions from/to investors
- Prepare monthly financial statement analysis according to GAAP with variance reporting
- Compile monthly financial statement package with required supporting documentation
- Distribute financial statement package to asset management, lenders and owners
- Assist in the annual audit and tax return preparation
- Assist in annual budget preparation
- Special projects as needed
- Process payable invoices: review, code and acquire proper approvals
- Manage cash requirements for vendor payments
- Manage vendor set up and maintenance; research and respond to vendor inquiries
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of three (3) years of first-hand experience as a property accountant or similar role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Prior accounting experience in real estate, construction, or development required.
- Prior Yardi experience required.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
What Will Get You Noticed
- Awareness of Business Trends.
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
What Offer In Return
- Hybrid work (2 days in office/3 days remote), subject to change.
- Generous time off; Vacation, Sick, Birthday Day, Holidays and one additional week off end of the year to recharge and spend time with family and friends!
- We cover the full portion of our employee’s (Medical, Dental, Vision). We offer 401(k) retirement savings, Group-Life and AD&D.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
- Complimentary weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen.