Position: Construction Development Associate
Location: Los Angeles, CA
We are a growing boutique real estate investment and development firm based in Los Angeles with a mixed asset portfolio which includes but is not limited to; multifamily, extended stay corporate housing, hospitality and retail located throughout California and key cities nationwide. We are adding to our team due to growth! Please visit CGIPlus.com to learn more about our company, values, and culture.
The Construction Development Associate will be a Los Angeles based position working directly with development team. They will be responsible for leading a team of professionals in completing projects by a set deadline to uphold business initiatives. Their duties include dividing up their budget for different project aspects and advocating for additional funding when necessary, managing construction projects and will work with the VP of Construction to establish project milestones and work to complete projects effectively and within the budget.
- Working with the acquisition team to provide due diligence information and feasibility analysis of potential acquisitions
- Prepare and track development budgets related to assigned projects
- Secure the appropriate approvals, certifications, permits, etc. from city and other government agencies as required
- Assist the VP of Construction in negotiation with contractors, due diligence with feasibility studies and project budgeting
- Responsible for sharing documents and communication with contractors as they pertain to the contractors’ scopes of work
- Review and approve invoices related to project expenses including but not limited to verifying invoice amount is within budget and in compliance with contract or agreement and ensuring the vendors are paid on time
- Set up and maintenance of project and/or management files according to established criteria related to; contracts, documents, correspondence, agreements, reports, etc.
- Coordinate the processing of new contracts including but not limited to, forwarding appropriate templates, monitor the contract process to completion, review final document for full execution and verify coding
- Tracking and reporting project status to investors, lenders, and joint ventures
- Assist with monthly construction progress reporting including but not limited to schedules, applications for payment, etc.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical, electrical, or Building Construction Management preferred
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Broaden knowledge of construction to be self sufficient
What We Offer In Return:
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- Generous time off policies; holidays, vacation, one additional week off during holiday season and sick leave.
- In addition to traditional benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) we offer retirement savings plan, Group Life and AD&D.
- Hybrid work environment (2x in office and 3x a week remote).
- Great office perks; fully stocked kitchen and weekly catered lunches.