Position: Vice President of Development - Project Management
Location: Los Angeles, CA
We are a growing boutique real estate investment and development firm based in Los Angeles with a mixed asset portfolio which includes but is not limited to; multifamily, extended stay corporate housing, hospitality and retail located throughout California and key cities nationwide. We are adding to our team due to growth! Please visit CGIPlus.com to learn more about our company, values, and culture.
The Vice President of Development - Project Management will be a Los Angeles based position working directly with development team. They will be responsible for leading a team of professionals in completing projects by a set deadline to uphold business initiatives. The incumbent will oversee 2-4 development projects at a time, and will be responsible for executing the full business plan which includes but is not limited to; processing project entitlements, coordinating all pre-development activities working in conjunction with other internal departments.
- Working with the acquisition team to provide due diligence information.
- Negotiate and draft contract terms and scope with consultants and contractors
- Responsible for completing and executing project contracts in accordance with department requirements.
- Develop and maintain project timelines, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget
- Prepare and track development budgets related to assigned projects
- Secure the appropriate approvals, certifications, permits, etc. from city and other government agencies as required
- Manage project documents including discretionary and non-discretionary approvals, agency releases/declarations/determinations, easements, covenants, tract maps, construction documents, A/E design and engineering plans and specifications, contract/change orders, closeout documentation
- Take the lead in negotiation with contractors, due diligence with feasibility studies and project budgeting.
- Responsible for sharing documents and communication with contractors as they pertain to the contractors’ scopes of work.
- Review and approve invoices related to project expenses including but not limited to verifying invoice amount is within budget and in compliance with contract or agreement and ensuring the vendors are paid on time.
- Set up and maintenance of project and/or management files according to established criteria related to; contracts, documents, correspondence, agreements, reports, etc.
- Coordinate the processing of new contracts including but not limited to, forwarding appropriate templates, monitor the contract process to completion, review final document for full execution and verify coding
- Manage and oversee consultants, contractors, lenders, and JV partners
- Tracking and reporting project status to investors, lenders, and joint ventures
- Assist with monthly construction progress reporting including but not limited to schedules, applications for payment, etc.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent work experience in a field related to building design and construction. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years of managing multiple Real Estate Projects, focused on multi-Family.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using Project Management software.
- Candidate must be highly organized, able to prioritize responsibilities, be trustworthy, and have high integrity.
What We Offer In Return:
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- Generous time off policies; holidays, vacation, one additional week off during holiday season and sick leave.
- In addition to traditional benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) we offer retirement savings plan, Group Life and AD&D.
- Hybrid work environment (2x in office and 3x a week remote).
- Great office perks; fully stocked kitchen and weekly catered lunches.