Position: Senior Vice President of Development
Location: Based in Los Angeles, CA/Hybrid
Who We Are:
We are a growing boutique real estate investment and development firm based in Los Angeles with a mixed asset portfolio which includes but is not limited to; multifamily, extended stay corporate housing, hospitality and retail located throughout California and key cities nationwide. We are adding to our team due to growth! Please visit CGIPlus.com to learn more about our company, values, and culture.
The Senior Vice President of Development - West Coast will be based out of Los Angeles, CA working directly with the development team. They will be responsible for leading a team of professionals in completing projects by a set deadline to uphold business initiatives. The primary duties include but are not limited to; managing the development department, the development process from start to finish, and working closely with other department heads to establish project milestones working to complete projects effectively and within the budget.
- Working with the acquisition team to conduct due diligence.
- Manage a team of development VP's and project managers to ensure the projects follow the expected timelines, budgets, and business plans.
- Negotiate and draft contract terms and scope with consultants and contractors
- Responsible for completing and executing project contracts in accordance with department requirements.
- Develop and maintain project timelines, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget
- Prepare and track development budgets related to assigned projects
- Secure the appropriate approvals, certifications, permits, etc. from city and other government agencies as required
- Manage project documents including discretionary and non-discretionary approvals, agency releases/declarations/determinations, easements, covenants, tract maps, construction documents, A/E design and engineering plans and specifications, contract/change orders, closeout documentation
- Take the lead in negotiation with contractors, due diligence, and project budgeting.
- Responsible for sharing documents and communication with contractors as they pertain to the contractors’ scopes of work.
- Review and approve invoices related to project expenses including but not limited to verifying invoice amount is within budget and in compliance with contract or agreement and ensuring the vendors are paid on time.
- Set up and maintenance of project and/or management files according to established criteria related to, contracts, documents, correspondence, agreements, reports, etc.
- Coordinate the processing of new contracts including but not limited to, forwarding appropriate templates, monitor the contract process to completion, review final document for full execution and verify coding
- Manage and oversee consultants, contractors, lenders, and JV partners
- Tracking and reporting project status to investors, lenders, and joint ventures
- Assist with monthly construction progress reporting including but not limited to schedules, applications for payment, etc.
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent work experience in a field related to building design and construction. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of managing multiple Real Estate Development Projects in California, focused on Multi-Family
- Excellent analytical, project management, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
What We Offer In Return:
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- Generous time off policies; holidays, vacation, one additional week off during holiday season and sick leave.
- In addition to traditional benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) we offer retirement savings plan, Group Life and AD&D.
- Hybrid work environment (2x in office and 3x a week remote).
- Great office perks; fully stocked kitchen and weekly catered lunches.