We’re looking for a Software Developer specializing in the game engine development to help advance Cesium’s roadmap for 3D geospatial integrations with native 3D engines. As a Software Developer, Native Engines you will help build our integrations and tooling for Unreal Engine, Unity, and other native engines and advance our open source software libraries to enable the Cesium community to build full-scale real-world 3D applications, games, and experiences with game engines to be deployed across a variety of platforms and devices.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key part of our development team and collaborate with the open-source community to define the new standard for 3D geospatial in native engines
- Use C++ and C# to develop plugins, demos, and application code
- Use modern software development practices to create reusable libraries, unit tests, and documentation
- Develop high performance graphics algorithms and use profiling to optimize hotspots
- Participate in collaborative open source development using GitHub, code reviews, and CI
- Work in a fast-paced continuous learning environment
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years experience with Unreal Engine or Unity plugin and/or game/application development
- C++ 17 and C# development skills with a focus on modular architecture, API design, performance, and C# - C++ interop.
- Exposure to graphics techniques such as spatial data structures, rendering engine design, and shaders
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
Ways to stand out:
- Experience with Unreal Engine or Unity Native plugin development
- Experience deploying game engine projects to the web, mobile, or other devices
- Exposure to geospatial software and/or data such as photogrammetry, point clouds, and terrain
- Experience with any flavor of parallel programming: multicore, SIMD, GPU, etc
- Experience debugging and profiling graphics performance
- Experience with open standards and formats such as glTF and 3D Tiles
- Exposure to AR, VR, Oculus Quest, and/or HoloLens
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Stock options to share in the growth that you help create
- 100% medical coverage for you and your dependents, and 99% coverage for dental and vision. 100% premium coverage for short term and long term disability.
- Tuition and Loan Reimbursement program
- Wellness Benefits Visa Card to promote and encourage healthy activities and lifestyle.
- 401K with 100% matching up to 6%. 100% vested from day one.
- Remote Workspace Benefit- $1,000 expense to buy office furniture for your remote workspace
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, including a winter break
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Learning opportunities including workshops and Kindle or Audible credits
- Frequent team social events
- Center city office with roof deck and just steps from public transit
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks at the office
- Commuter benefit for public transit and parking
Cesium was awarded
- 2020 Technology Startup Enterprise Award by the Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT)
- 2020 Startup of the Year in the Geospatial World Awards by Geospatial Media and Communications
- One of Philadelphia's Best Places to Work in Tech 2020 by Tech in Motion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.
Remote work may be offered for this role, or is based out of our headquarters in Philadelphia PA for in-person.