We’re looking for a Software Developer specializing in C++ and 3D content pipelines to help advance Cesium’s roadmap for 3D tiling, optimization, and streaming. You will build pipelines for processing massive real-world 3D content such as photogrammetry, point clouds, terrain, and 3D buildings into runtime efficient 3D Tiles, ready to be streamed over the web into runtime engines such as CesiumJS, Cesium for Unreal, and other 3D Tiles capable engines.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key part of our development team to define the new pipelines, optimizations, and standards for 3D geospatial data processing
- Use modern software development practices to create reusable libraries, unit tests, and documentation
- Develop high performance graphics algorithms and use profiling to optimize hotspots
- Participate in collaborative development using GitHub, code reviews, and CI
- Work in a fast-paced continuous learning environment
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with C++ with a focus on modular architecture, API design, and performance
- Experience with graphics techniques such as spatial data structures, rendering engine design, shaders, and level of detail, is preferred
- Experience with any flavor of parallel programming is a bonus: multicore, SIMD, GPU, etc
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Math, a related field, or equivalent experience
Ways to stand out:
- Experience with game engine or other 3D runtime engine development
- Exposure to geospatial software and/or data such as photogrammetry, point clouds, and terrain, or other large 3D models
- Experience debugging and profiling graphics performance
- Experience with open standards and formats such as glTF and 3D Tiles
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Stock options to share in the growth that you help create
- 100% medical coverage for you and your dependents, and 99% coverage for dental and vision. 100% premium coverage for short term and long term disability.
- Tuition and Loan Reimbursement program
- Wellness Benefits Visa Card to promote and encourage healthy activities and lifestyle.
- 401K with 100% matching up to 6%. 100% vested from day one.
- Remote Workspace Benefit- $1,000 expense to buy office furniture for your remote workspace
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, including a winter break
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Learning opportunities including workshops and Kindle or Audible credits
- Frequent team social events
- Center city office with roof deck and just steps from public transit
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks at the office
- Commuter benefit for public transit and parking
Cesium was awarded
- 2020 Technology Startup Enterprise Award by the Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT)
- 2020 Startup of the Year in the Geospatial World Awards by Geospatial Media and Communications
- One of Philadelphia's Best Places to Work in Tech 2020 by Tech in Motion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.
This role is based out of our headquarters in Philadelphia PA. We are currently primarily remote due to COVID; we expect activity at the office to increase in June 2022. Permanent remote work may be offered for this role.