With more than one million downloads and millions of end users, Cesium is defining the standard for 3D across industries from the construction site to the battlefield, from outer space to underground. We are in an extraordinary position and are looking for a creative game developer to build with Unreal Engine.
In collaboration with Epic Games, Cesium is bringing global-scale high-precision real-world visualization to game engines for the first time ever. In this role, you will contribute to the core Unreal plugin as well as to demos and applications built using Unreal Engine and the Cesium for Unreal plugin.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with our development team, Epic Games, and the community to define the new standard for 3D geospatial
- Use C++ and Blueprints with Unreal Engine to develop engine plugin, demo, and application code
- Use modern software development practices to create reusable libraries, unit tests, and documentation
- Develop high performance graphics algorithms and use profiling to optimize hotspots
- Participate in collaborative development using GitHub, code reviews, and CI
- Work in a fast-paced continuous learning environment
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with Unreal Engine plugin and/or application development
- Excellent C++ 17 development skills with a focus on modular architecture, API design, and performance
- Exposure to VR, AR, parallel programming, or geospatial is a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Math, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Stock options to share in the growth that you help create
- 100% medical coverage for you and your dependents, and 99% coverage for dental and vision
- 401K with 100% matching up to 3% and 50% matching for 3-5%. 100% vested from day one.
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, including a winter break
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Learning opportunities including workshops and Kindle or Audible credits
- Frequent team social events (virtual due to covid)
- Center city office with roofdeck and just steps from public transit (paused due to covid)
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks at the office (paused due to covid)
- Commuter benefit for public transit and parking (paused due to covid)
Cesium was awarded:
- 2020 Technology Startup Enterprise Award by the Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT)
- 2020 Startup of the Year in the Geospatial World Awards by Geospatial Media and Communications
- One of Philadelphia's Best Places to Work in Tech 2020 by Tech in Motion
This role can start remote due to covid. This role is based out of our headquarters in Philadelphia PA.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.