As a senior frontend developer at Cesium, you’ll work as part of our engineering team and industry partners to implement intuitive workflows to maximize usability for non-technical users. Serve as a technical leader on the team bringing your expertise influencing technology selection, architecture, and tooling.
What you’ll do
- Work on interesting and impactful problems on a fast-paced agile team that emphasizes quality and peer review.
- Build and ship code. Expect to code every day for most of the day.
- Grow and maintain our reusable library of LitElement-based Web Components making high level decisions on design and usability.
- Develop and execute best practices for frontend development and architecture.
- Focus on frontend UI/UX, lead the implementation and iteration of interfaces and workflows.
- Be an integral part of a growing team revolutionizing Smart Construction with the opportunity to expand your skills and role.
What we’re looking for
- 5 or more years of significant modern web development experience. You are well-versed in at least one specific tech stack using libraries and tools like LitElement, React, Redux, Node.js, and similar.
- A demonstrated track record of developing and shipping web apps or components.
- A proven desire for quality, not only in writing well-crafted code, but participating in sprint planning, unit tests, and documentation in the process.
- While not required, knowledge in geospatial software, git and GitHub workflows, or UI/UX design is a plus.
What else is important to us
- We want you to learn. We are constantly evolving our platform, pushing into new industries, and striving to improve our personal toolboxes through continuing education.
- We want you to grow. We are a startup and you'll need to wear many hats. As we grow, we want you to grow professionally and personally along with us.
- We want you to have an environment of trust and individual empowerment where you can do the best work of your career.
- We want you to teach. We write blog posts, tutorials, present at conferences, and attend meetups. We also believe strongly in internal mentoring and workshops.
Cesium is a platform for 3D geospatial data - we enable developers and data providers to build dynamic 3D geospatial applications more easily. 3D data is being collected all around us, nearly all the time. We’re making this 3D data more usable so we can better understand our world. We’ve been building Cesium for almost 10 years and it’s production tested with companies like Red Bull and Komatsu, government agencies like the NGA, and high traffic events like NORAD’s annual Santa Tracker. Our user base is growing every day and you’ll help us make sure their experience is impressive.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.
This position is based out of our Philadelphia, PA office.
If you have a portfolio, website, or work samples, please submit them with your application.