At Cerebral, we're on a mission to democratize access to high-quality mental health care for all. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves to get the care they need, and are striving to make care convenient and accessible, while tackling the stigmas that surround mental illness.
Since launching in January 2020, we have gone from a team of 5 to over 4,000 across the United States. With support from investors like SoftBank, Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, WestCap, and others, and impactful leaders like you, we’ll continue to democratize mental health care and double down on clinical quality and deliver exceptional patient outcomes for years to come. With a heavy focus on clinical quality and safety in all that we do, we’ve accomplished excellent patient outcomes:
- 82% of patients report an improvement in their anxiety symptoms after using Cerebral.
- 75% of patients who report improvement in their depression see improvement within 60 days.
- 50% of patients who initially report suicidal ideation no longer harbor suicidal thoughts after treatment with Cerebral.
This is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we won’t stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality evidence-based mental health care without high costs and/or long wait times. We’re looking for mission-driven leaders who share these values, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
How you will contribute:
- Be a part of a rare opportunity to build the security function at Cerebral while reporting to the VP, Chief Information Security Officer
- Partner with DevOps and Engineering to ensure Cerebral end to end technology footprint is secure
- Hands-on implementation of security controls including preventative threat detection and employee training meetings
- Develop guidelines for, implement and review security configurations for an AWS based HIPAA compliant SaaS environment
- Develop proactive security monitoring and alerting capabilities
- Build security automation into infrastructure deployment and CI/CD pipelines
- Perform manual and automated compliance, vulnerability, and penetration testing
- Demonstrate and promote security best practices
- Constantly improve policies and procedures such as incident management while gaining buy-in across the department and organization
Our tech stack:
- Language: Ruby, Reactjs, React Native, Python, Typescript, HTML, CSS
- Systems: AWS, Postgres, CircleCI
Skills you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of cyber and/or cloud information security experience
- Strong familiarity with securing cloud services running in Modern Cloud environments.
- Strong experience operationalizing security tooling and infrastructure
- Ability to review threat intelligence to ensure enterprise is prepared to defend attacks.
- Ability to Understand our technical footprint and identify potential pathways for compromise and collaborate on improvements to reduce risk.
- Experience with risk management and audit strategies
- Experience securing Linux, container (Docker/ECS/Kubernetes) and lambda-based workloads along with AWS services (IAM, EC2, ECS, RDS, S3, KMS, etc.)
- Experience with penetration testing, threat modeling, open-source, and commercial security tools
- Knowledge and understanding of CI/CD and automation tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Maven etc.)
- Ability to write code to solve security issues. Writing security tools, or automation/management of security-sensitive environments.
- Use of tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Cloud Custodian for managing security in public cloud environments.
- Hands-on experience with SIEM, IDS, IPS and WAF solutions
- Familiarity with security and compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC2, ISO 27001/27013, NIST 800-53
- General understanding of common web application deployment models and components
- You’re curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms
- You’re a go-getter and seek ownership of projects with the demonstrated ability to deliver results
- You love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects
- You strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- You bring a strong ability to prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel and are comfortable working in collaborative security teams
Who we are (our company values):
- Client-first focus - Relentless focus on improving client experience & the quality of care
- Results and data-driven- Reach goals by making data-led decisions with measurable results
- Ownership - Accountable for hitting our goals & delivering on commitments
- High velocity - Strong bias for action, enabling us to quickly adapt & win in a fast-changing market
- Mission-driven experimentation - Iteratively experiment with new ideas, products, & services to help advance our mission
- Lead with empathy - Demonstrate the same level of compassion for one another as we show for our clients
- Deep, hands-on leadership - Leaders stay connected to the details of their operations & believe no task is beneath them
What we offer:
- Mission-driven impact:
- Shape the future of the #1 largest and fastest growing online mental health care company in the world
- Build a platform that is improving the lives and well-being of hundreds of thousands of people (and counting)
- Join a community of high achievers who have a passion for promoting mental health
- Path to develop & grow:
- Bi-annual performance reviews & opportunities for promotions - as Cerebral grows, so should you. We build your goals together and forge a career path that is right for you
- Remote-first model: Work virtually from anywhere in the US
- Competitive compensation & benefits:
- Total compensation includes equity/stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401k provided to all employees
- Unlimited PTO - we encourage taking the time you need to relax and recharge
- Top-tier wellness benefits and perks, including bi-quarterly mental health days (8 per year), No-Meeting-Wednesdays, holistic monthly wellness stipend, and access to on-demand health & wellness content
- $200 WFH reimbursement
- Culture & connectivity:
- Virtual social events (e.g., happy hours) enable us to build a sense of community and connect on a more personal level
- Monthly peer-to-peer recognition allowance via Bonusly allows team members to reward one another for values-aligned contributions
- Optional in-person company retreats provide an opportunity to augment team-building and celebrate our successes together
Cerebral is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.