*This is a remote position*
Cerebral is a one-stop shop for high-quality mental health care.
Since launching in January 2020, we have gone from 5 people in an off brand WeWork to over 2,000 team members across the United States working hand in hand to transform access to high-quality mental health care at scale. Our team will not stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality mental health care without the high cost, wait times, and stigma.
We recently became the fastest mental health company ever to unicorn status, having raised over $162 million and achieved a valuation above $1.2 billion. Cerebral’s investors include Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, Chris Burch, WestCap, and Oak HC/FT.
It is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
Cerebral is looking for a talented Accounting Manager for our growing accounting team. The Accounting Manager will play a key leadership role in the finance organization around the monthly close process, account reconciliations, and annual audit. This position will work closely with multiple departments to ensure proper accounting treatment, the execution of accounting functions, and the reporting of results. In addition, we are a rapidly growing organization working to professionalize our organization quickly. This role will create processes and internal controls and provide technical accounting support for operational groups within Cerebral as the Company makes business decisions that will impact it for years to come. With Cerebral’s rapid growth, we need a leader who can quickly help us build a high performing and scalable organization to support our ambitions.
- Manage a senior accountant
- Manage the monthly close process on an end-to-end basis ensuring the quality and timeliness of close
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts and posting adjusting journal entries or reviewing this process if done by senior accounting
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting
- Be a US GAAP technical accounting resource by providing guidance, performing research and preparing accounting memos
- Leading efforts to build out new processes and structure addressing and improving the month end close process, internal controls, and financial reporting. Establishing policies, internal controls, and procedures necessary for mitigating risk, enhancing the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensuring that reported results comply with US GAAP. Monitoring these controls and enforcing when appropriate,
- Assist in the implementation of ERP modules (from Quickbooks to Netsuite)
- Support the annual audit with the Company's external auditors
- Areas of ownership will rotate over time and may include additional duties such as: payroll and benefits, accrual accounting, fixed assets, accounts receivable, inventory, or other financial reporting needs.
- Various special projects and ad hoc analyses as assigned
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- CPA required
- 5+ years of experience, ideally experience at a big four accounting firm followed by an in-house role
- Strong revenue recognition experience under ASC 606
- Practiced technical research skills
- Passion for the development of processes and structure
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong attention to detail
- High integrity, self-aware, and humble
- Top-quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Monthly happy hours
- Unlimited PTO policy