** 100% REMOTE **
Cerebral is a one-stop shop for high-quality mental health care.
Since launching in January 2020, we have gone from 5 people in an off brand WeWork to over 2,000 team members across the United States working hand in hand to transform access to high-quality mental health care at scale. Our team will not stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality mental health care without the high cost, wait times, and stigma.
We recently became the fastest mental health company ever to unicorn status, having raised over $162 million and achieved a valuation above $1.2 billion. Cerebral’s investors include Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, Chris Burch, WestCap, and Oak HC/FT.
It is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
We are looking for a Director of Total Rewards who will be responsible for building and driving the Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS functions for our employees.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a strong understanding of Total Rewards, with a mind for process improvement and prioritization. In this role, you will be responsible for building scalable solutions. Successful candidates have experience overseeing the transition from PEO to in-house benefit management and experience managing comprehensive benefits programs for fast-growth companies (open enrollment programming, annual go-to-market analysis, benefits vendor management, and compliance reporting), impacting compensation benchmarking (pay bands, promotion criteria, geographies, and equity), and overseeing LOA Programs. Major responsibilities include the ability to serve as a subject matter expert and trusted partner to scale the Company’s compensation and benefits programs globally; recommend a comprehensive Total Rewards philosophy, vision, and strategy; and balance our bottom line and business objectives while helping us attract and retain the world’s best talent.
- Work with Operations, Finance & Legal to develop and direct compensation, benefits, total reward, and equitable programming
- Transition the company from PEO to in-house compensation, benefits, and HRIS functions
- Establish and ensure key compensation and benefit program metrics to understand the effectiveness of our total reward strategy and positively impact fiscal goals
- Strive to be industry-leading and progressive in our total rewards programs, regularly monitoring external trends in order to proactively adjust our benefits and compensation strategies to stay competitive in the market and recommend revisions to lead best-in-class rewards
- Develop geographical benefit programs and compensation structures for a company primarily established in the US and building out worldwide
- Direct benefits brokers during annual go-to-market analysis, recommend and negotiate pricing for competitive benefits options, roadmap open enrollment activities, develop a communication plan that includes key messages and stakeholder buy-in, and oversee the buildout of carrier feeds between benefits vendors and HRIS program, including open enrollment audits and tests to determine if carrier feeds and payroll records reflect team member selection and working with vendors and brokers to reconcile discrepancies
- Manage 401(k) inquiries relating to enrollments, plan changes, contribution amounts, and annual catch-up contribution enrollment
- Develop strategies to drive team member awareness and understanding of all compensation and benefits programs and provide company-wide training on annual benefits offerings
- Provide oversight to ensure benefits compliance, record-keeping, and annual benefits and government-mandated audits and censuses, including FLSA, EEOC, healthcare, retirement, etc. and training the People team on any government-mandated regulations, legislation, and benefits trends
- Oversee benefits eligibility, life-status changes, retirement matches and loans, COBRA, carrier enrollment, and leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork including medical, personal, disability, and FMLA, and effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities
- Partner with Finance, People Operations, and leadership to evolve salary range structures, career ladders, and compensation initiatives, including bonus plans and promotion strategies.
- Contribute, oversee, and annually assess all policies related to total rewards
- Manage and recommend improvements to HR and compensation management systems
- 7+ years of compensation and benefits experience including experience owning the compensation and benefits agenda for a fast-paced, rapidly-scaling organization
- Ability to build employee-centric rewards programs while balancing business goals and financial boundaries, as well as dashboard, report, and influence decision-making based on key performance metrics
- Bachelor’s degree and/or appropriate HR certifications
- Demonstrated track record developing a total rewards strategy
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- A track record of developing and executing highly effective, transparent, and efficient talent management processes, tools, metrics, and practices
- Outstanding presentation abilities, written communication skills, and verbal communication skills, and the ability to train teams, manage change and report on performance
- Ability to create and lead the communication and education of the Total Rewards programs throughout all levels of the organization, including the design and implementation of tools to improve understanding and value of programs
- Demonstrated leadership prioritizing key objectives in a technical, fast-moving environment while managing daily tactical requirements relevant to attracting, motivating, and retaining employees
- Analytical capability and comfortable preparing and presenting budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively and work collaboratively to develop and maturate solutions
- Experience implementing and managing HRIS and compensation management systems
- International experience a plus
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.