*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month. We need your help to keep growing at a dizzying pace!
Come make a meaningful difference in people’s lives on the Cerebral design team.
Our mission is to provide easy access to high-quality mental healthcare to all communities no matter the background. And we believe that having a team that is inclusive of all of those backgrounds will benefit not just our workspace, but the people we strive to help as well.
- Low ego – you’re in this to help people, and are focused on the outcomes rather than what you get out of it
- You’ve shipped multiple consumer-facing products and seen to their growth
- A desire to learn, a willingness to try (and fail)
- You enjoy mentoring others
- You’re adept at finding the balance between research and moving quickly
- Comfortable juggling multiple important tasks and can prioritize well in a fast-paced environment
- A team mindset, and a knack for forming working relationships across both the design team and the org
- Self-directed – not only do you figure out what needs your attention, you can see beyond your product area
- At least 6 years full-time experience working in some aspect of product design
Even if you don’t check all of these boxes, we encourage you to apply anyway (except the ego thing - that one is non-negotiable).
- Healthcare or regulated industry experience
- Startup and/or A/B testing experience
- A mix of B2B and B2C experience
- You’ve helped create a design system
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Full-stack design: from exploratory research through production comps
- Owning a product area, while being aware of how it touches the rest of our ecosystem
- Helping the team establish a shared component library (on the path to a design system)
- Partnering with stakeholders and driving discovery research
- Rapidly testing and validating elegant solutions
- Making beautiful designs and finding elegant solutions to complex flows
- Helping level-up the rest of the team
Why Design At Cerebral:
- Meaningful work – you’ll be having a direct impact on helping people in a powerful way
- Growth - we’re expanding at an amazing rate
- Learn - you’ll develop your skills and work alongside brilliant folks
- Solve interesting problems for both our patients and clinicians
- Smart and welcoming team
- Top-quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Monthly happy hours
- Unlimited PTO policy
Must be located in the United States or Canada