*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month. We need your help to keep growing at a dizzying pace!
How you will contribute:
- Build a team and function, starting as the first data engineer for our important mission of delivering data-driven mental health care.
- Manage internal application data models and schemas.
- Establish data pipelines using technologies like Airflow to populate data from third-party services and in-house applications to the data warehouse.
- Manage data warehouse while applying best practices and considering techniques like time series dimensions as needed.
- Partner with various stakeholders within the business, understand their data and reporting requirements, and translate them into definitions and technical specifications.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, data discrepancies, alerts etc.
- Proactively engage with functional teams to design and execute on a roadmap for internal, partner, and client data and analytics solutions.
Our tech stack:
- Language: Python, Typescript, HTML, CSS
- Systems: AWS, Postgres, Snowflake, Redshift, Looker, dbt, soon Spark ML
Skills you’ll bring:
- Knowledgeable in database structure, data modeling concepts, and implementation, particularly Postgres.
- Experienced in building and managing event driven ETLs and streaming services using micro batch technologies similar to Spark.
- Implementation experience for machine learning algorithms that have been modeled by a data scientist.
- Comfortable working in an agile development process—and changing the engineering roadmap as business needs change.
- Passion for data with years of progressive experience as a software engineer.
- Mentor high performing engineering teams
- Excellent at communicating - able to explain key concepts in meetings and in writing to teammates from different functions and experience levels.
- Maintain startup grit. Willingness and desire to take on personal responsibility for the business as a whole and “figure it out”, whether it’s in your exact functional lane or not.
- Business-focused with intuition and the ability to understand complex business systems
- Curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- Excited to expand access and improve outcomes in behavioral and mental health. See this link for more detail on Cerebral’s vision and values.
- Love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- Strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Work well with other leaders
- Top-quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Monthly happy hours
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Stock options compensation plan
Must be located within the United States or Canada