*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month. We need your help to keep growing at a dizzying pace!
How you will contribute:
- Identify and lead technical initiatives to build clean, robust, and performant systems for Cerebral’s most critical and important healthcare data
- Lead a culture change initiative breaking down a monolith code base into microservices
- Build beautiful experiences using progressive technologies and patterns such as even sourcing, CQRS, microservices
- Contribute to the design of software architecture and development of new features
- Mentor and oversee software engineers from diverse backgrounds to nurture a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of of software design patterns and industry best practices
- Support what is built, including monitoring, performance tuning, and responding to incidents
- Contribute to the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
Our tech stack:
- Language: Ruby, Reactjs, React Native, HTML, CSS
- Systems: AWS, Postgres, CircleCI
Skills you’ll bring:
- Experience being the most senior engineer on an mid sized engineering team (8 people) to deliver consumer or business facing features in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to break out a monolithic architecture into domain-driven components and services
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness; provide guidance to individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Effectively communicate between teams and within teams in order to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery
- Lead a full stack development directly delivering value to patients and providers using technologies like Vue.js, React.js, AWS, Ruby, Typescript, etc. Does not need hands-on experience in all technologies.
- Proven ability to switch domains and tech stacks then add value on Day 1
- Mentor engineers with varying skill levels and experiences
- Passionate about adding value that changes people’s lives
- Quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones.
- Command the room amongst the smartest and diverse set of individuals
- Curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies and can pick them up quickly
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- Adept at prioritizing value and shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams
- Love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- Strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Work well with other leaders
- Top-quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Monthly happy hours
- Unlimited PTO policy
Must be located within the United States or Canada