*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month. We need your help to keep growing at a dizzying pace!
How you will contribute:
- Build, grow, and manage a team of engineers that are designing, building, and maintaining large-scale web applications focus on the visit, communications and post visit experience.
- Grow a brand new product vertical by hiring a brand new team to focus on wellness.
- Mentor and support engineers by working on career growth, identifying key structures or processes that need improvement and sometimes getting hands on in building proof of concepts or pair programming
- Accountable for the operations of the team’s services to ensure stability and uptime
- Build beautiful experiences using progressive technologies and patterns
- Demonstrate a mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of engineers and product management leaders
- Own the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
Our tech stack:
- Language: Ruby, Reactjs, React Native, Python, Typescript, HTML, CSS
- Systems: AWS, Postgres, CircleCI
Skills you’ll bring:
- Experience building teams of engineers to deliver consumer-facing features in a fast-paced environment
- Tactfulness and leadership to bring about changes to organizational strategy and engineering growth maps while maintaining focus and values of a people and support first organization
- Ability lead teams in breaking out a monolithic architecture into domain-driven components and services
- Manage full stack development directly delivering value to patients and providers using technologies like Vue.js, React.js, AWS, Ruby, Typescript, etc. Does not need hands-on experience in all technologies.
- Mentor engineers with varying skill levels and experiences
- Hands on capability to build proof of concepts or work with engineers via pair programming
- Passionate about adding value that changes people’s lives
- Quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones.
- Command the room amongst the smartest and diverse set of individuals
- Curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies and can pick them up quickly
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- Adept at prioritizing value and shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams
- Love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- Strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Work well with other leaders
- Top-quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Monthly happy hours
- Unlimited PTO policy