*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month. We need your help to keep growing at a dizzying pace!
How you will contribute:
- Build a team focused on improving the quality of Cerebral’s product delivery from software engineers and quality engineers located in multiple time zones.
- Mentor, coach, and improve quality engineering cross functionally by implementing changes in process, policies, and structures while leading by example
- Define the quality standards for the entire department
- Demonstrate a mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of engineers and product management leaders
- Own the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
- Inspire, champion, and coach as the need arises
Our tech stack:
- Languages: Ruby, Reactjs, React Native, and will add one more backend language, HTML, CSS
- Systems: AWS, Postgres, CircleCI, Terraform
Skills you’ll bring:
- Lead by example by initially making a hands on contribution in all quality areas under management including e2e testing, test case documentation, BDD testing, etc.
- Previous experience transforming a department from feature first to quality AND feature first
- Ability to grow from a team of 2 to 10 within a year (short term is a team of 5)
- Broad knowledge of how to test AWS infrastructure, mobile, web apps, microservices, and build pipelines
- Comfortable with the complete testing pyramid and prioritizing a roadmap to address quality engineering via direct and matrix management
- Partner with product, design, engineering, and even security team to ensure systems are built with resiliency and maintainability
- Hire, build, and develop high performing teams
- Quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones.
- Command the room amongst the smartest and diverse set of individuals
- Curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- Demonstrate strong hands on automation testing skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- Adept at prioritizing value and shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams
- Love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- Strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Work well with other leaders
- Top quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Monthly happy hours
- Unlimited PTO policy