*This is a fully remote role that can be performed anywhere in the U.S.*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
Cerebral is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Strategic Finance Associate to join our growing Finance team. You will work with the Director of FP&A across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams to help drive the direction of Cerebral’s fast-paced growth. You will enable senior leadership to make better business decisions and will work closely with them to evaluate, plan, execute, and measure strategic business initiatives. This is a full-time, fully remote role that will report into the Director of FP&A.
- Build and own the company's financial & operating model
- Support the budgeting process, providing functional support on revenue, expense and headcount planning to budget holders across the organization.
- Partner closely with key business stakeholders to understand detailed drivers of the business and perform ad-hoc financial analyses to support business decisions
- Report and analyze on customer level profitability with a thorough understanding of key profit drivers
- Support the company on special projects, including new service offering pricing, compensation plan adjustments, etc.
- Collaborate with the Director of FP&A to deliver monthly reporting packages and KPI dashboards for presentation to the executive team and the Board of Directors
- Create in-depth analyses to identify strategic and growth opportunities, examine new market potential, assess competitive landscape, and develop business cases
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking
- Additional experience in private equity, FP&A, corporate finance or accounting is a plus
- A mastery of Excel; must possess the ability to produce complex, dynamic three-statement financial models
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and business judgment skills
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Results orientated with attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem