*This is a fully remote role open to those eligible to work in the U.S. and located within the U.S.*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
We are looking for a self-starter Director of FP&A with a bias towards action, exceptional partnership and communication skills, and know-how to balance getting the details right while keeping pace with our growing business.
As the Director of FP&A, you will lead business planning and forecasting, helping drive the direction of Cerebral’s fast-paced growth. This will include the development of annual operating budgets and multi-year plans as well as supporting ad hoc projects with opportunities for broad cross-functional interactions. You will enable senior leadership to make better business decisions and will work closely with them to evaluate, plan, execute, and measure strategic business initiatives. You will also help guide process efficiencies and be tasked with managing, coaching and growing the FP&A team. Given the strategic and operational nature of the role, you will work closely with members of the executive team. We're looking for a team player that is excited to jump right in!
- Build and maintain financial models, prepare financial reporting, analyze KPI trends and explain forecast versus actual variances
- Deliver monthly reporting packages and KPI dashboards for presentation to the executive team and the Board of Directors
- Partner closely with key business stakeholders to understand detailed drivers of the business and perform ad-hoc financial analyses to support business decisions
- Collaborate with senior management in the creation of and ongoing tracking against the annual operating plan and ongoing forecasts
- Create in-depth analyses to identify strategic and growth opportunities, examine new market potential, assess competitive landscape, and develop business cases
- Help to hire and develop a growing FP&A team
- Assist with special projects as requested and adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business grows
- 7+ years of relevant experience in finance operations or FP&A at a SaaS company
- Deep understanding of SaaS metric calculations and concepts
- Ability to work on both the tactical (dive into the details) while at the same thinking strategically (big picture)
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts and practices of financial planning and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate financial information in an easy-to-understand format. You should also be comfortable interacting with the executive management team and other senior roles
- Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques
- Excellent analytical and quantitative abilities
- Detail-oriented approach with a passion for problem-solving and improving efficiency
- CPA or Investment banking experience preferred
- Mastery of Excel
- Experience with financial planning and reporting software a plus (Anaplan, Adaptive Insights)
Success in this role includes:
- Owning and building complex financial models
- Delivering high-quality financial reporting on a timely basis for external and internal consumption
- Performing insightful financial analyses, including identifying key variances, opportunities and risks
- Establishing and nurturing relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the organization
- Growing and mentoring a high performing FP&A team