*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month. We need your help to keep growing at a dizzying pace!
How you will contribute:
- Become a subject matter expert on our data and its capabilities
- Transform real-world data into actionable insights using robust statistical methods and compelling data visualizations in formats accessible to a wide range of end users
- Work with a cross-functional team to define and clarify analytic requirements, develop analysis plans, ensure data quality standards, and create publication ready methods and results
- Generate ideas for analyses to shape future projects, contributing to a pipeline of opportunities that will help Cerebral achieve its goals
Skills you’ll bring:
- Deep expertise working with data and have experience exploring it with a critical and thoughtful eye
- Proficient in R/Python (or another programming language and are committed to becoming an expert in R/Python)
- Passion for working with data and have experience it with a critical and thoughtful eye
- Excellent at communicating - able to explain key concepts in meetings and in writing to teammates from different functions and experience levels
- Comfortable working in an agile development process—and changing the engineering roadmap as business needs change
- Maintain startup grit. Willingness and desire to take on personal responsibility for the business as a whole and “figure it out”, whether it’s in your exact functional lane or not.
- Excited to expand access and improve outcomes in behavioral and mental health. See this link for more detail on Cerebral’s vision and values.
Bonus / Nice to Have:
- Hold a Master’s degree with 4 years of industry experience or PhD (or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline such as biostatistics, epidemiology, statistics, economics, or a related discipline
- Top-quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly happy hours