*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or
insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month. We need your help to keep growing at a dizzying pace!
How you will contribute:
- Oversee a shared backend platform that is easily scalable and will be utilized by 50+ product
engineering teams over the next few years
- Lead Cerebral’s engineering effort to deliver shared services for product engineering and data
engineer teams focused on patient and provider experiences
- Demonstrate a mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of engineers and product management leaders
- Own the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
Inspire, champion and coach as the need arises
Our tech stack
- Language: Ruby, Reactjs, React Native, and will add one more backend language, HTML, CSS
- Systems: AWS, Postgres, CircleCI
Skills you’ll bring:
- Technical roadmap evangelization and management across multiple technical and product
domains to centralize redundancies into platform technologies
- Tactful mentorship approach that works with less experienced engineers, senior engineers, and managers.
- Visionary and best practice steward. Lead by example by building proof of concepts that lead into real product releases
- Ability to scale a team from 10 to 30.
Focused on delivering long-lasting value quickly with a framework for managing technical debt
- Previous implementation and architecture experience of large platform principles including
microservices, event-driven architecture, micro-batch systems, containerization, and general
multi-region system design.
- Hands-on experience with shared component design using controller-based patterns and
- Comfortable with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile environments
- Team-oriented and collaborative, capacity to mentor junior team members
- Leadership ability, excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Hire, build, and develop high performing engineering teams
- Quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones.
- Command the room amongst the smartest and diverse set of individuals
- Curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies and can pick them up quickly
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- Adept at prioritizing value and shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams
- Love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- Strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Work well with other leaders
- Top-quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Monthly happy hours
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Experience with HL7 or FHIR
*Must be located within the United States or Canada*