*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month. We need your help to keep growing at a dizzying pace!
How you will contribute:
- Lead and deliver patient and provider facing features for clinical outcomes, health intake forms and assessments, historical tracking and analysis, and the most critical health data that Cerebral maintains
- Build beautiful experiences using progressive technologies and patterns while mentoring and coaching the team
- Demonstrate a mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of engineers and product management leaders
- Own the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
Our tech stack:
- Language: Ruby, Reactjs, React Native, Python, Typescript, HTML, CSS
- Systems: AWS, Postgres, CircleCI
Skills you’ll bring:
- Experience leading a small engineering team to deliver consumer-facing features in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to break out a monolithic architecture into domain-driven components and services
- Lead a full stack development team (ok if candidate specializes in backend) directly delivering value to patients and providers using technologies like Vue.js, React.js, AWS, Ruby, Typescript, etc. Does not need hands-on experience with the aforementioned technologies, IE: Java is ok..
- Proven ability to switch domains and tech stacks then add value on Day 1
- Mentor engineers with varying skill levels and experiences with the ability to level up a team to change architecture paradigms and introduce new technologies
- Passionate about adding value that changes people’s lives
- Quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones.
- Command the room amongst the smartest and diverse set of individuals
- Curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies and can pick them up quickly
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms and is a big fan of documentation
- Adept at prioritizing value and shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams
- Love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- Strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Work well with other leaders
- Top-quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Monthly happy hours
- Unlimited PTO policy