Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $85/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month. We need your help to continue serving our communities.
Cerebral is looking for an experienced Brand Marketing Lead to join our Team! This remote position’s primary focus is ensuring brand integrity by guiding efforts across multiple channels and functions. The Lead is responsible for the execution across all media channels inclusive of television, radio, digital, print and paid social. You’ll coordinate efforts internally to ensure brand alignment, educating the team about language, tone, and personalities that align with our brand image. The Lead will also drive our PR strategy, partnership strategy, influencer strategy, and other brand awareness strategies. Finally, you will also contribute to the development and execution of all brand events, promotions, and personalities for the business/brand. You are skilled at collecting data, analyzing, and communicating insights that reflect your practical experience.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the planning and development of Cerebral’s mission, messaging, and strategy across channels including driving alignment internally across the Company
- Day to day implementation of this strategy, leveraging internal capabilities (e.g. influence, copywriting, CRM, etc.) and working with external partners (e.g. advertising agencies, production companies, PR agencies)
- Establish our brand guidelines, ensuring all marketing related communications and assets are consistent and aligned with our mission, creating a unique brand voice/tone, messaging, and user experience
- Drive PR and earned media strategies, hiring/leveraging external agencies where needed
- Drive our partnerships strategy, identifying brand partners that will further our mission while driving meaningful brand awareness and growth
- Develop and execute influencer strategies (e.g. celebrities, micro-influencers, etc.), as well as other tactics for activating the Cerebral community, and increasing positive word of mouth (WOM)
- Work with the growth team to develop and execute social media strategies (e.g. channel definition, purpose, messaging strategy for each) which drive increased brand awareness
- Lead initiatives related to brand refreshes, photoshoots, and marketing asset creation to ensure alignment with Cerebral’s mission
You should have:
- 4+ years of relevant consumer-side experience including, but not limited to brand marketing, PR and communications, social media, influencer marketing, lifecycle marketing, partnerships & business development
- BA or BS, preferably in marketing/communications
- Right balance of analytical capabilities, practical experience and effective use of intution; demonstrated comfort with data, business insights, research, and the ability to deliver solid recommendations informed by combining data with practical experience
- High emotional intelligence (EQ); demonstrated ability to effectively partner and negotiate with external partners
- Ability to distill complex problem sets into digestible, simplified priorities
- Captivating storyteller - comfortable with both internal and external communications
- Versatility to think about 30,000 ft strategy one day, and get hands dirty at the ground level on executing projects with high attention to detail
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to either sit or stand while utilizing a computer for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk and occasionally required to stand. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position works in a traditional home environment with a noise level that is usually moderate and self-controlled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.