Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
This role will create and oversee the product road-map for all of Cerebral’s products. The chosen candidate will also possess a track record of operational excellence, who has generated significant impact through the strategic and tactical direction of automation, fulfillment centers, and inbound call centers. The role is critical to defining the future of the product and service offerings, and overall company strategy.
The ideal candidate will have had a successful track record of creating and delivering products that resonate strongly with consumers and B2B2C partners (insurance companies and employees). They will be data driven, and creative, continuously testing and looking for new and innovative ways to delight the customer. The Head of Product will be hands-on and equally comfortable rolling up his/her sleeves to get the job done, as they are with delivering through others. He/she will be an inspiring leader and communicator, capable of articulating and presenting a clear and compelling vision as part of the senior leadership team. This leader will also be highly effective at cross-functional stakeholder management and a strong and credible contributor to executive team decision- making.
- Set the product vision and strategy to grow and scale existing and launch new services for Cerebral, bringing others along and building alignment to lead transformational change
- Create the strategy for optimal user journeys across multiple stakeholders for Cerebral, not limited to patients, but also those who use the Cerebral platform such as providers, pharmacists, and operations teams.
- Drive the product lifecycle from vision and planning through to product delivery, collaborating across the executive team and senior engineering, marketing, clinical and operations leadership.
- Develop the vision for our products, working with the executive team and senior product & engineering leadership to help define product, design & brand strategy.
- Have strategic oversight of pivotal, cross-team and cross-brand initiatives, coordinating across Design, Engineering, Marketing, Clinical and Data Science.
- Develop innovative, delightful, personalized product solutions in close partnership with our Strategy, Customer Insights, User Research and Data Science teams.
- Lead a team of product managers focusing on Cerebral’s core patient and provider product offering: onboarding, insurance, pharmacy, visit, communications, EMR, and app-based treatment tools
- Build beautiful experiences utilizing a mixture of market data, customer feedback, in-app data, strategy, and intuition
- Demonstrate a mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of engineers and product management leaders
- Own the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
- Partner closely with leaders across Cerebral to coordinate and scale cross-functional efforts for delivering best-in-class patient and provider experience
- Work closely with the analytics team to uncover insights and new opportunities for growth and differentiation; regularly socialize insights to executive leadership.
- Oversee customer experience to test, iterate and develop methodology and analysis to improve the customer journey and lift crucial success metrics.
- Work closely with Cerebral’s engineering, design, data, and operations teams around release scope and priorities, delivery estimates, and product release process.
- Successfully lead a team of product managers to deliver a progressive portfolio of products with proven year over year growth of at least 50% topline without sacrificing bottom-line financial metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA preferred; or equivalent work experience.
- Broad knowledge of healthcare products from both the patient and provider perspective
- Experience working with consumer-based products with a focus on a top-quality consumer experience
- Previous success at optimizing process, policies, or organizational structures both internally and cross functionally
- Capable of building product portfolio roadmaps using an analytical approach: NPV, COD, etc.
- Effective at marketing solutions to success with an eye on key adoption metrics and outcomes
- Empowers patients, providers, and business partners by implementing a constant feedback framework to power new product initiatives
- Think big picture to re-look at decisions that no longer make sense or double down on the ones that do
- Manage and partner with engineering and design in different timezones using asynchronous decision making
- Experience having scaled the Product org in an operations-driven company.
- Successful track record of owning a complex area of a business, balancing ambitious vision with pragmatism, defining a multi-year product strategy and consistently delivering against OKRs
- Excellent product judgment: ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance stakeholder needs with business priorities, and drive detailed trade-offs over the product lifecycle
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills: ability to establish common ground with empathy and candor, manage conflicting points of view, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Bonus points: Experience in healthcare and working with clinicians