Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
The Special Projects Associate is an ambitious self-starter who drives the strategy design, implementation and ongoing operations of key special projects. You will work directly with the Special Projects Lead and with select Leadership Team members to propose, design, implement and scale strategic efforts (e.g., launch of new service lines, operational effectiveness efforts, market research / business analytics). This role will report directly to the Special Projects Lead and will work closely with select Leadership Team members.
- Partnering with the Special Projects Lead and select Leaders to design strategic projects and performing analyses to support major decisions for the Leadership Team and company
- Identifying and implementing initiatives that move company metrics; partnering with cross-functional teams to improve systems that drive company-wide change
- Collaborating with select leaders across the company to identify key metrics, build dashboards, and recommend actions to drive growth and efficiency
- Designing scalable systems and organizational structures to support Cerebral's rapid growth and ensure the highest quality of execution
- Program managing cross-cutting, months-long operational effectiveness projects that will increase business efficiency and reduce risk
- Building and maintaining financial and operational plans, including revenue, cost and headcount targets
- Conducting research, analysis, and business modeling to help leadership make financially sound and strategically aligned decisions that thoughtfully weigh opportunities and risks
- Helping continuously improve reporting frameworks and define/track the right KPI to drive better product management decisions with data-informed insights
Other roles and responsibilities as designated by the Special Projects Lead.
- 3+ years' experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, investment banking, and/or experience in a Product, Business Operations, Internal Strategy or cross-functional operational role at a technology company
- A record of academic achievement
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Resourcefulness, persistence, and ability to thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong analytical abilities and proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, prioritize and juggle multiple projects
- You have sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, and have a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. You are able to tend to the blades of grass, while not losing sight of the broader landscape
- You have impressive time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks with multiple stakeholders while hitting deadlines on time sensitive projects. You are proactive and have a positive attitude with a can-do, service-oriented mentality
Must be based in the U.S. and legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.