*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month. We need your help to keep growing at a dizzying pace!
How you will contribute:
- Build a team focused on growing, enabling, and empowering Cerebral’s product engineering teams by building functions supporting infrastructure as code, quality engineering, developer tools, and site reliability support
- Demonstrate a mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of engineers and product management leaders
- Own the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
- Inspire, champion and coach as the need arises
Our tech stack:
- Languages: Ruby, Reactjs, React Native, and will add one more backend language, HTML, CSS
- Systems: AWS, Postgres, CircleCI, Terraform
Skills you’ll bring:
- Lead by example by initially making a hands on contribution in all areas under management including infrastructure as code, dev tools, support, and quality engineering
- Ability to grow from a team of 5 to 20 in a short period of time
- Mentor and coach engineers of varying skill levels and experience
- Expert knowledge of AWS, Terraform, and Kubernetes
- Ability to lead a dynamic and changing organization to make immediate impact while keeping an eye on technical debt and long term solutioning
- Comfortable with containerization, continuous integration and deployment, monitoring and alerting, support process, threat detection
- Partner with security team to ensure systems are built with preventative measures
- Experience growing a small team to build out a function dedicated to quality and support, specifically SRE
- Hire, build, and develop high performing engineering teams
- Quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones.
- Command the room amongst the smartest and diverse set of individuals
- Curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- Adept at prioritizing value and shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams
- Love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- Strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Work well with other leaders
- Top quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Monthly happy hours
- Unlimited PTO policy
*Must be located within the United States or Canada*