*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month. We need your help to keep growing at a dizzying pace!
Cerebral is seeking an experienced, data-driven, and customer-centric Head of Retention responsible for making sizable improvements in customer retention by developing strategies across any and all touch-points. You will work cross-functionally with the growth, product/design, ops, and CX teams to define the customer lifecycle journey at Cerebral. You will write the strategy and oversee tactical execution of initiatives and identify opportunities within new channels as well. More importantly, you understand how these channels work together and overlap. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious marketer who wants to define the retention marketing program at a fast-growing mental health care startup.
- Lead the development of our customer segmentation, customer journey and retention strategies, using data-driven approaches
- Plan and execute CRM campaigns that will increase repeat purchases and subscriptions sign-ups including email, content, and media
- Identify opportunities for A/B tests in segmentation and messaging to constantly look for ways to drive improvements in KPIs
- Implement in-life marketing to ensure customer growth and long-term retention
- Drive research & analytics around monitoring and assessment of the market
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve products that drive growth in markets
- Constantly monitor and improve customer satisfaction as it relates to successful campaign management.
- Conceptualize, develop, and launch innovative loyalty efforts that add value to our customers experience, especially high value subscriber segments
- Understand and optimize customer communications to ensure the right volume and messages are reaching customers
- Help drive cross-sell/up sell initiatives
- Be the voice of customer and clearly communicate the ideal customer journey to internal stakeholders; have a deep understanding of user behavior and how to continually engage and retain different customer segments
- Develop and optimize customer retention strategies/programs based on data-driven analysis and measure their impact on customer relationships and total value
- Define and own customer lifecycle at , including but not limited to: owning the marketing strategy for prospects and customers via email, SMS, chat, direct mail, package inserts, loyalty/referral programs, and other direct channels
- Analyze cohort performance, identifying areas of opportunity and understanding the "why" behind customer behavior
- Develop a customer lifecycle and retention roadmap, working with retention team to ideate, run, and report out on tests
- Develop best in class segmentation and personalization strategies to give our customers the most relevant experience possible across channels
- Stay on the cutting edge of email, retention, and loyalty trends in order to pitch, test, and roll out new communication channels
- Drive LTV improvements by meaningfully improving cohort repeat purchase rates and AOV
- Work with the Head of Growth to identify and set clear KPIs for retention team and create roadmap of how we will achieve our goals
- Develop a strategy for diversifying our product sales to repeat customers
- Manage retention marketing team
- Collaborate cross-functionally while rolling out new strategies and optimizing process
- 6+ years working in D2C CRM/lifecycle marketing, management consulting, or equivalent
- Highly strategic and analytical; strong Excel skills required
- Successful track record of developing and executing campaigns utilizing audience segmentation and A/B testing
- Excellent communication, collaboration and project management skills; able to adapt quickly in fast-paced environments and be highly self-motivated
- Experience with a wide variety of CRM channels and web analytics platforms
- Experience working cross functionally with growth, creative, data and cx teams
- Experience with cohort analyses, personalization, and automation across multiple platforms
- Highly organized and process-driven, but able to thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Excited to roll up your sleeves and be part of a collaborative startup team where no task is too small (or large)
- Experience managing teams directly, with a focus on mentoring and career development
- A customer-centric, curious, and creative marketer that loves to ideate, test, learn, and repeat. You love the process itself just as much as the end result
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Experience with subscription businesses is a plus
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.