*This is a fully remote role*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
Cerebral is looking for a talented Accounting Manager for our growing finance team. The Accounting Manager will play a key leadership role in the finance organization around the monthly close process, account reconciliations, change management, and standardizing processes. This position will be hands-on as we are a rapidly growing organization working to professionalize our organization quickly. With Cerebral’s rapid growth, we need a leader who can quickly help us build a high performing and scalable organization to support our ambitions. This position will work closely with multiple departments to ensure proper accounting treatment, the execution of accounting functions, and the reporting of results.
- Manage the monthly close process on an end-to-end basis ensuring the quality and timeliness of close
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts and posting adjusting journal entries
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting
- Be a US GAAP technical accounting resource by providing guidance, performing research and preparing accounting memos
- Monitoring, enforcing, and when appropriate, establishing policies and procedures necessary for mitigating risk, enhancing the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensuring that reported results comply with US GAAP
- Leading efforts to build out new processes and structure addressing and improving the month end close processes
- Assist in the implementation of ERP modules and SAAS software solutions, including a close management tool
- Manage state and federal tax compliance
- Support the annual audit with the Company's external auditors
- Areas of ownership will rotate over time and may include additional duties such as: revenue operations, taxes, payroll and benefits, accrual accounting, fixed assets, accounts receivable, inventory, or other financial reporting needs.
- Various special projects and ad hoc analyses as assigned
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- CPA required
- 3-5 years of experience, ideally experience at a big four accounting firm followed by an in-house role.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong attention to detail
- High integrity, self-aware, and humble
- Passion for the development of processes and structure