Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, the compliance paralegal will be responsible for supporting the compliance and legal function of the company. As a national healthcare company, Cerebral has to function within a highly regulatory environment at the federal and state level. This role will help the company navigate and implement compliance requirements in such areas as privacy/HIPAA, telemedicine, fraud and abuse, anti-kickback, Medicaid and Medicare laws and regulations. This is an exempt position and is remote, and can be located anywhere in the 48 contiguous states.
- Keep up to date with state telemedicine requirements
- Assist with documentation/applications for state Medicaid practice
- Assist with documentation/applications with federal Medicare practice
- Assist with implementing compliance program and policies
- Project management
- Assist in corporate governance functions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years experience at a law firm or in-house legal department with a focus on healthcare
- Experience with HIPAA, privacy laws, Medicaid, Medicare, health insurance, and/or telemedicine laws
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to appreciate the importance of meeting deadlines
- A strong work ethic
- Comfortable in a remote working environment
- Demonstrates the organization’s core values, exuding behavior that is aligned with the company’s culture.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise a high standard of judgment and discretion