Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
About the Role:
We are looking for a multi-state-licensed, Tech-Savvy, Collaborating or Supervising Physician who wants to support our mission in improving access to long term mental healthcare! The Physician’s role entails functioning as a collaborating physician with nurse practitioners in applicable states respectively. The Collaborative Physician will collaboratively with the nurse practitioner team and conduct patient chart audits on a monthly basis. Furthermore, the physician will need to fulfill any state-specific requirement as a collaborator (e.g.: attendance in meetings, etc.). The role requires ability in evaluation, assessment, and proper documentation, and appropriate intervention(s). Candidate must be clinically strong in treating common mental health issues, function autonomously and competently, and have strong critical thinking skills to provide appropriate triage care.
The Ideal Candidate Should Be:
- Patient Centric
- Technologically Savvy
- Comfortable working remotely in a virtual team setting
- Please ensure that you can supervise 4 Nurse Practitioners
- Current/active MD/DO license (multiple state licensure strongly preferred)
- Active Licenses must be in good standing
- Strong Clinical Background (Family Medicine, Integrative Medicine, and Mental Health experience preferred; 2+ years minimum experience)
- Active DEA License
- National Board Certification Two-years experience as a Physician
- Ability to understand and navigate Google Apps, Slack, and EMR
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Candidate is licensed in one or more listed (CA, TX, NY, PA, GA)
- Multiple state licenses preferred
- Typing speed of at least 50 words per minute.
- Must have effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to delegate and make sound clinical judgments with patient safety as a top priority