**This is a remote position**
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
About the Role:
Cerebral is seeking a VP of Product and Engineering to drive our product and technology vision and strategy. This person will be responsible for developing and communicating an inspirational product vision while leading our UX, engineering, and QA functions at Cerebral. The ideal candidate will nurture an inclusive environment by seeking feedback and suggestions from across the organization and exude passion for the customer experience and market feedback. Our VP of Product and Engineering is an integral part of our senior leadership team and will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and executive team to connect our product strategy to the overarching goals of the company. This is an excellent opportunity to lead, manage, and drive the UX, engineering and QA team members, developing next-level leaders, processes, and culture. This position is fully remote.
- Foster a strong and collaborative product and engineering culture, ensuring that our diverse workforce feels welcome and supported.
- Technical and career mentorship of our Product and Engineering teams.
- Be involved in creating the overall messaging and product/engineering strategy across the organization, communicating and reinforcing strategic initiatives and performance, and being one of the leaders that influences the overall organization culture.
- Responsible for working with product and engineering leadership to develop the technical and product strategy.
- Responsible for the technical execution of the product vision, as well as the ongoing team and performance management of the Product and Engineering teams that work on those products.
- Lead engineering management and teams in the execution of objectives.
- Ensure development of extensible architectures and solid technical designs.
- Actively contribute to technology strategy in collaboration with the executive team.
- Responsible for driving the definition of technical standards and practices.
- Work to break down the silos between teams and departments where it is clear we can, fostering closer collaboration toward organizational goals.
- Be involved in creating roadmaps, defining the operational parameters of products and initiatives, and work with cross-functional groups around the organization as a trusted advisor to improve the strategic use of technology around the organization.
- Establish new strategies and policies to promote engineering excellence.
- Track key productivity metrics and continually work towards improving team efficiency, engineering capacity and developer satisfaction
- Develop a product organization that can design and deliver quality products and features.
- Deeply understand customer needs and industry trends.
- Influence and report performance metrics to measure the effectiveness of the entire Product org
- Maintain a competitive market overview to identify white spaces and strategic threats and opportunities. Develop business cases for new products and product features.
- Understand market requirements by interacting with key stakeholders and customer facing team members
- Responsible for the team’s successful delivery of product initiatives and customer commitments
- Anticipate and remove obstacles that slow down or prevent product delivery
- Experienced product leader with 10+ years of experience in a B2C technology environment operating with diverse product strategies
- Experience defining and executing strategic initiatives with quantified results for customers and the business through constant learning and experimentation
- Results-proven experience working with or implementing product management and engineering best practices
- Proven ability to lead/manage a product organization, including engineering team
- Managed managers and have a good operational grasp of running multi-team engineering groups. You know how to develop people and give feedback. You've successfully managed globally remote teams in multiple countries and timezones.
- Conversant in engineering principles and comfortable learning and depending on others for specific expertise.
- Outstanding analytical skills and the ability to assess disparate data sources and extract meaningful, actionable strategic insights and recommendations
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams, building consensus across the organization and being a critical part of a leadership team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, who can successfully articulate the vision, product and strategy, as well as the critical issues and priorities
- Experience working with executive teams to set and deliver on product strategy
- Ruby on Rails experience a plus
Must be based in the U.S. and legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.