**This is a remote position**
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
About the Role:
Cerebral is seeking a mission-driven, entrepreneurial Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to lead the clinical management and strategic direction of the company. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CMO will guide the clinical development and deployment of Cerebral’s services and initiatives. The CMO will develop a deep working knowledge of the technology in order to guide clinical direction, collaborate with internal stakeholders, and represent Cerebral as the dedicated ambassador for all clinically-related topics.
This role may be a fit for you if multiple of the following apply to you:
- You are passionate about improving access to long term, high-quality mental health care.
- You are tech savvy and experienced or interested in telemedicine / health tech.
- You are business-minded and can see both sides of the coin when it comes to healthcare and strategy.
- Lead and implement the clinical direction for the organization.
- Represent Cerebral at external (virtual) meetings/conferences/forums, clients and other stakeholders serving as the external medical face of the business.
- Act as a key member of the executive leadership team working with all functions on overall corporate strategy, tactical implementation of the strategy and adding value across the enterprise.
- Partner with recruiting team and build a clinical staff that delivers our members high quality, affordable outcomes
- Help with continuing to drive the highly productive, collaborative, team driven culture of the company; embodying the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally.
- Keep abreast of emerging models in health care delivery; identify and define new and innovative strategies to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Manage administrative responsibilities such as clinical budget/finance management, and personnel management for by monitoring clinical performance, establishing performance objectives, innovating around program design, evaluating productivity benchmarks, and compliance measures.
- Develop and lead an in-house clinical strategy within the broader product vision, fostering a multidisciplinary approach to patient care across digital modalities
- Design and operationalize key clinical workflows that are embedded in software and delivered in members at scale
- Support quality and performance improvement metrics maximizing the value provided to Cerebral’s clients
- M.D. or D.O.
- Board-certified in Psychiatry; in some cases, certification in clinical psychology may be considered
- Significant clinical experience and experience in an advanced clinical leadership role
- Strong business acumen; entrepreneurial and focused on strategy
- Excellent communication and speaking skills
- An ability to work cross functionally
- Outstanding judgment and problem-solving skills
- Active network in the mental health or health tech industry
- Experience working in a healthcare startup or telemedicine medical group
- Comfortable with tech culture and working closely with members of engineering, product, growth and marketing, etc.
- PhD, MA, MBA, MHA, MPH, MPA, or MPP