*This is a fully remote role*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
The VP of Finance will report to the CEO and run all strategic financial operations. They will be an integral in building rigor and operational excellence into how we approach accounting, reporting, and financial planning. The VP of Finance will oversee the strategic planning process on a quarterly and annual cadence. In partnership with our leadership team and board, the VP of Finance will inform how we allocate capital to scale our ability to provide access to high quality mental health care.
- Be responsible for all aspects of FP&A, including AR/AP/Payroll - both hands-on and in collaboration with consultants and vendors
- Lead the planning and forecasting processes in partnership with our Leadership team, and own all related board communications
- Partner with our senior leadership team to develop the long-term operating model and drive the strategic steps to get there
- Manage cash, debt, and the associated bank accounts, etc.
- Own revenue operations (evaluating payment processing vendors, collections strategy, etc.)
- Start hands-on for strategy and execution, then grow a team when the time is right
- Manage taxes, state registrations, etc.
Board Decks/Fundraising Assist
- Partner with Leadership to produce materials for board meetings and fundraising
- Insurance contracting and revenue operations
- Work across departments to provide data analysis and modeling support
- Min 8+ years FP&A leadership experience (MBA preferred, not required)
- Experience with managing and conducting an internal audit
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Ability and desire to be hands-on until we need to grow the team
- A data-driven approach to decision making, with advanced analytic, modeling, and forecasting skills
- Start-up readiness - you are scrappy and ready to wear a lot of hats, even those not listed above
- Strong analytical, communication and written skills required