**This is a remote job**
New grads welcome!
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
About the Role
We are hiring Nurse Practitioners as Prescribers! Nurse Practitioners partner with counselors and therapists to support clients during their mental health journey. Prescribers will create the medication plan while the counselors and therapists provide therapy. Prescribers should have the following qualities:
- Strong verbal and written communication
- empathetic & intuitive listener
- Rapport building on a virtual platform
- Nurse Practitioner License in any of the 50 states or D.C.
- NPI (for new grads we can extend an offer contingent on obtaining the NPI)
- computer literate
- Advanced knowledge of multiple software systems (Slack, Google Suite, Doxy.me, etc.), or be comfortable learning them quickly.
- Experience with DoseSpot is a huge plus.
- Comfortable prescribing for anxiety, depression, insomnia, bi-polar 2, and ADHD
- Comfortable prescribing controlled substances when medically appropriate
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis (We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time)
Preferred but not a deal breaker:
- DEA license
- Psychiatric experience or a certified PMHNP (new grads are welcome to apply)