*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
The Registered Nurse (RN) will be predominantly responsible for providing support to the Medication Management Team. The RN will also conduct triage assessments of patient-reported side effects or identified potential safety concerns of patients residing in licensed states in compliance with company triage guidelines, regulatory and legislative requirements, and evidence-based guidelines.
- Main responsibilities will include assisting the Medication Management team with timely medication refills for our patients.
- This will include re-entering medication orders in patient charts, sending in prescriptions as proxy to a prescribing provider, phoning in medication to local pharmacies
- Assists Provider Lead and Chief Medical Officer in developing a robust triage system
- Assesses reported patient side effects via phone and email according to triage and company guidelines
- Activates safety response protocol when needed
- Place detail oriented notes in patient EMR
- Follows up with provider of record, Provider Lead, or Supervising Physician when required
- Additional tasks within scope of practice as assigned
- Position will be salaried, roughly 45 hours per week 5 days / week
- 2+ years experience as Registered Nurse
- Licensed as Registered Nurse with compact state (required)
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the following additional state(s) - AK, CA, CT, DC, HI, IL, MN, NV, NY, OH, OR, WA
- Ability to handle the technological demands of using multiple applications simultaneously
- Reliable continuous internet connection during working hours
- Triage experience preferably in an Emergency Department environment or phone/tele-medicine setting
- Previous psychiatric experience and familiarity with psychiatric medications highly desired