*This is a remote position*
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that our patients can get the care and medications they need promptly and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at a rate of over 40% month-over-month, and need your help!
We are looking for a QA Analyst to assess our software quality through manual and automated testing. You will be responsible for the overall quality of the application by finding and reporting bugs and glitches, and working with our engineers to fix them.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are competent in creating and executing manual and automated test cases, want to be a part of a team who is passionate about quality, and believe in our mission; we’d love to meet you!
Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications, and systems work correctly for our customers.
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with Engineering to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual and automated) and analyze results
- Prioritize quality issues based on overall business objectives
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams using sprint managing software
- Help troubleshoot issues reported by product/clinical teams and engineering by doing ad-hoc testing and analysis
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- 2+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- 1+ years of experience in testing mobile applications (Android & iOS)
- 1+ years of experience in creating and implementing automated regression test suites (TestCafe and/or Selenium preferred)
- Experience with API testing (Postman and/or ReadyAPI preferred)
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Working knowledge of test case management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail & organizational skills
- A link to your favourite Youtube video in your cover letter
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- BS degree in information technology, software engineering, or a related field; or equivalent work experience’
- Familiarity with at least 1 object-orientated programming language and SQL
- Proven experience with web accessibility (WCAG 2.1 / Section 508)
- Familiarity with our tech stack (React, Redux; Ruby on Rails, & Postgres) is a plus!
Must be based in the U.S. and legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.