Seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500. Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
We’re looking for a full-stack growth engineer who can jump around our tech stack to help us measure and refine our customer journey—from awareness to retention and referral.
We are a mission-driven company, and this is more than just a growth role. Many people struggle with their mental health in silence, but 75% of Cerebral members show improvement in just 2 visits. Your ability to move somebody from “maybe” to “yes” can actively reduce mental health suffering in the world.
- Be responsible for building and managing core parts of our customer-facing web experience, blog, and other marketing infrastructure
- Instrument, measure, and iterate upon our onboarding funnel to maximize our conversion rate
- Work with the growth team to generate and implement trustworthy online experiments (multivariate tests, etc) on our owned properties and in tandem with our paid advertising
- Own scripts and technologies that interface with third party services (Facebook, Google, Chargebee, data warehouse, etc)
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with a degree in software engineering, or 5 years or professional software development experience without a degree.
- 2+ years developing, running, and generating data for self-built A/B tests or multivariate tests in web-based applications
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years of experience with SQL/relational databases
- An growth-minded experimenter who is hungry to make the charts go up and to the left
- Experience integrating a variety of tools, such as Google Analytics and Google Optimize, to measure, analyze, or visualize online acquisition channels
- 2+ years of experience with Github
- Excellent communicator. Ability to explain key concepts, like cherry-picking, to people across diverse, cross-functional teams (engineering, marketing, sales, and business operations) and manage project plans in order to communicate progress and deliver solutions
- Comfort running an agile development process—and changing the engineering roadmap as business needs change
- Startup grit. Willingness and desire to take on personal responsibility for the business as a whole and “figure it out”, whether it’s in your exact functional lane or not.
- Passion for improving the quality of life of our patients and providers, and a believer in Cerebral’s vision and values. See this link for some detail.