*This role can be remote, with preference in San Francisco or Dallas*
Seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500. Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
Cerebral is seeking a Back-End Engineer to join our Product and Engineering team in a high-growth environment. The ideal candidate will be passionate about learning and growing within a small yet scaling team, working iteratively through processes, and experienced with building code on Ruby-on-Rails. This role can be Remote, or can work from our offices in San Francisco, CA or Dallas, TX.
- Design and develop applications in an agile development environment
- Design and develop back-end end solutions and APIs
- Rapidly prototype and refine applications based on user experience feedback
- Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers to establish and refine requirements
- Architect and implement micro service APIs to be used by iOS and android clients
- Manage infrastructure and deploy micro services
- Continuously find opportunities to refactor, improve performance, and increase reliability & quality.
- Ensure high-performing, scalable, and reliable exchange between front-end and back-end systems.
- Work with our QA team in analyzing and resolving issues.
- Ensure efficient and reusable systems and abstractions.
- Participate in Design reviews and ensure a high-quality bar for feature implementation.
- Design and implement APIs working closely with the mobile team to ship product efficiently
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale backend implementations of new and existing consumer product features
- Work closely with our product team to launch new features
- Develop thoroughly tested code and conduct quality assurance on all new code alongside our QA team
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive schedules and goals
- 2+ years of experience building code on Ruby-on-Rails
- 2+ years of experience building REST APIs
- 1+ years of experience working with relational databases and SQL
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience with a degree in software engineering, or 5 years or professional software engineering experience without a degree
- 1+ years of experience with Data Warehouse ETL design and development, Release Engineering or DevOps as part of a team of engineers, or building Automated Software Testing for a web or mobile app
- Experience with PostgreSQL a huge plus
- Experience with AWS a huge plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Ruby on Rails.
- Strong understanding of database design, entity relationships, and normalization.
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and web best practices
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications
- Start-up experience is a plus
- Effective communicator and team player
- Aligned with Cerebral’s mission to increase access to high-quality mental healthcare
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.