Seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500. Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
In a new period of growth, Cerebral is looking for an experienced Head of Data, that will structure and document a Data roadmap to monitor and deliver against its key objectives. Working cross-functionally with product, marketing, operations and clinical teams, the Head of Data will play a fundamental role in further underpinning our position in the market by providing actionable insights to the business with the wealth of data at its disposal. This role can be Remote, or can work from our offices in San Francisco, CA or Dallas, TX.
- Lead Cerebral in defining how the company creates additional value through the utilization of our data assets and analytics
- Identify and monitor key business risks and realize the data needs of Cerebral
- Drive experimental data modeling designs to evaluate changes, track performance, and provide valuable insights
- Maintain a deep understanding of Cerebral’s marketplace dynamics with demand and supply capacity planning needs
- Proactively engage with functional teams to design and execute on a roadmap for internal, partner, and client data and analytics solutions.
- Influencing strategic direction of analytics solutions ROI and value across external and internal transformational projects and developing solutions and automations roadmap and prioritize features and projects based on customer, stakeholder, and business impact.
- You ensure qualitative data-visualization, analysis and prototyping in service of the markets immediate needs.
- Evolve the way the business thinks about analytics and show how analytics can drive substantial value to our customers and clients
- Approach internal and external stakeholders with coherent, actionable recommendations appropriate to their business needs
- Proactively identify data-driven issues and opportunities, and use the appropriate level analytic support to drive solutions
- Understand the breadth of analytics related technologies and solutions and be able to recommend the most appropriate solution to meet the needs of the business and user
- Educate internal and external stakeholders on analytic methods, shape their thinking and influence decision-making
- Manage, execute and report analytical projects from start to finish including data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and clear recommendations to senior management
- Develop strong capability to implement data-led thinking into all aspects of the organization.
- Take accountability for Cerebral's Data strategy and designing and developing solutions within that space accordingly.
- Degree(s) in a Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 7+ years’ experience in a data science position, preferably working as a Senior Data Scientist
- Excellent skills in statistical and modeling packages such as SAS, Statistica, MATLAB, R, and other advanced analysis tools
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Outstanding skills in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook for the creation of both visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations
- Ability to hire and build out a data team as the company scales
- Strong foundational skills with analytics software such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, SQL, Python and/or R
- Experience in a complex, fast-paced, quantitative environment with a high bar for attention to detail and quality of work
- Possess a demonstrable track record of using machine learning to deliver significant business benefits
- Be able to develop scope on an on-going basis and take advantage of emerging opportunities to change direction if necessary
- Be able to monetize data opportunities and to drive these to deliverable value
- Have demonstrable full lifecycle experience with a background in B2B, B2C
- Strong believer in Cerebral’s brand vision and values