Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
Cerebral is seeking a dynamic, mission-driven Head of People to expand our rapidly-growing team. This role will build out human resources, talent development, and recruitment processes. As we continue to undergo explosive growth, we require a candidate who will ensure Cerebral remains a diverse, inclusive, welcoming environment with a shared passion for increasing access to high-quality mental health care. This is an exciting opportunity to build an exceptional team, cultivate a company culture, and emphasize our values as we scale. This role is 100% remote.
- Construct and execute a detailed human resources roadmap to support our vision.
- Lead recruiting, onboarding and training, with a focus on our clinical teams
- Lead our culture, performance management, team engagement and Diversity and Inclusion efforts
- Select tools and systems that scale with our needs
- Work closely with our leadership team to set and execute our People strategy
- Drive our recruiting efforts, including role definition, sourcing, screening, interviewing, and more
- Train and develop your teammates to ensure values and culture are evident across every step of our People experience and help our culture reach its full potential as we scale
- Work across teams to create an inspiring onboarding experience for all new teammates
- Provide focused, business-minded HR leadership, emphasizing HR's measurable contribution to business success and business metrics (revenue growth, profitability, market share, customer service, expense, employee satisfaction, etc.).
- Recruit, empower and develop outstanding staff across Cerebral. Build and lead a multifaceted, flexible, responsive organization that is purpose driven, and keenly responsive to customer needs.
- Participate in the development of our growth plans as a partner with a focus on people.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of regulatory actions and long range planning of new programs/strategies, and the impact of these items in the attraction, motivation, development and retention of our human resource.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify proficiency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of these gaps.
- Develop hiring strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent from within and outside Cerebral for positions of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ten or more years of dynamic HR management experience in a fast-paced, high-growth services business with hands-on knowledge of the unique demands of a distributed workforce.
- Must have a minimum of three years leading a people organization of similar or larger size, ideally one with a highly distributed workforce.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, lead a remote staff, and achieve significant, ongoing recruitment goals
- Expertise and experience in benefits management and administration; experience and knowledge in human resource policies, procedures and compliance
- Demonstrable track-record of implementing talent and performance management interventions; expertise and experience in recruiting and assessing junior and senior level talent
- Entrepreneurial mindset and drive; understands how to intelligently use resources (i.e. existing content, capital, and talent) to develop and realize a vision
- Possess exceptional people management and facilitation skills; outstanding communication skills and ability to connect with individuals across all levels of the organization
- Commitment to Cerebral company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Strong believer in Cerebral’s brand vision and values
Must be based in the U.S. and legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.