Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care they need immediately. We provide tens of thousands of individuals across the nation with medication management, therapy, and counseling services. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
Cerebral is seeking a dynamic, mission-driven Head of People Operations to expand our rapidly-growing team. This role will build out human resources, talent development, and recruitment processes. As we continue to undergo explosive growth, we require a candidate who will ensure Cerebral remains a diverse, inclusive, welcoming environment with a shared passion for increasing access to high-quality mental health care. This is an exciting opportunity to build an exceptional team, cultivate a company culture, and emphasize our values as we scale. This role is 100% remote.
- Construct and execute a detailed human resources roadmap to support our vision.
- Lead recruiting, onboarding and training, with a focus on our clinical teams
- Lead our culture, performance management, team engagement and Diversity and Inclusion efforts
- Select tools and systems that scale with our needs
- Work closely with our leadership team to set and execute our People strategy
- Drive our recruiting efforts, including role definition, sourcing, screening, interviewing, and more
- Train and develop your teammates to ensure values and culture are evident across every step of our People experience and help our culture reach its full potential as we scale
- Work across teams to create an inspiring onboarding experience for all new teammates
- Provide focused, business-minded HR leadership, emphasizing HR's measurable contribution to business success and business metrics (revenue growth, profitability, market share, customer service, expense, employee satisfaction, etc.).
- Recruit, empower and develop outstanding staff across Cerebral. Build and lead a multifaceted, flexible, responsive organization that is purpose driven, and keenly responsive to customer needs.
- Participate in the development of our growth plans as a partner with a focus on people.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of regulatory actions and long range planning of new programs/strategies, and the impact of these items in the attraction, motivation, development and retention of our human resource.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify proficiency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of these gaps.
- Develop hiring strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent from within and outside Cerebral for positions of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ten or more years of dynamic HR management experience in a fast-paced, high-growth services business with hands-on knowledge of the unique demands of a distributed workforce.
- Must have a minimum of three years leading a people organization of similar or larger size, ideally one with a highly distributed workforce.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, lead a remote staff, and achieve significant, ongoing recruitment goals
- Expertise and experience in benefits management and administration; experience and knowledge in human resource policies, procedures and compliance
- Demonstrable track-record of implementing talent and performance management interventions; expertise and experience in recruiting and assessing junior and senior level talent
- Entrepreneurial mindset and drive; understands how to intelligently use resources (i.e. existing content, capital, and talent) to develop and realize a vision
- Possess exceptional people management and facilitation skills; outstanding communication skills and ability to connect with individuals across all levels of the organization
- Commitment to Cerebral company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Strong believer in Cerebral’s brand vision and values
Must be based in the U.S. and legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.